The MT-07 Forum

2018 Mt-07 Engine for Sale(Ticks Loudly - Power Loss) Video and Pictures inside

myfootisdumb

Hello forum members,

I starved my MT -07 engine of oil, so I had to swap to a new motor and selling the old motor.

here is a discussion forum with a video before i took it out of the bike 

s-l400.jpg

2018 Yamaha MT-07 Engine 99999-04404-00.

Trying to sell this engine cheap, its located in capital area in NY. Asking $449.. I found shipping with blue freight to be, NY - TX for $200.

Does anyone want this?

M. Hausknecht

Ok, I've got a few questions. What happened to the clutch side cover and clutch actuation stuff mounted to the cover? How'd you break the fuel pipe that runs between the throttle bodies? Are the throttle bodies, injectors, IAC, and throttle position sensor all present and undamaged? How many miles on the motor? Did you pull the cam cover? The head? The oil sump? If so, what if any damage was evident? Is there any damage, stripped threads, to the motor mount bosses? I'm trying to get a sense for what remains that likely isn't damaged.

This is the condition the motor is in, if you want me to take more specific photos I can. There is a youtube video of the noise while its running in the bike before i removed it. The motors got about 8k.. the motor has never been dropped.

What happened to the clutch side cover and clutch actuation stuff mounted to the cover? The new motor shipment came with broken things so i had to reuse some parts..

Are the throttle bodies, injectors, IAC, and throttle position sensor all present and undamaged? They were working before on the bike...

Did you pull the cam cover? no

The head? no

The oil sump? no

Is there any damage, stripped threads, to the motor mount bosses? idk why there would be, its all internal what's going on.. chec the video

M. Hausknecht

Well, if you're going to junk it, I'll take the throttle bodies, injectors, etc. and pay for shipping to 28443. Sorry for the annoying questions.

• 2 weeks later...
myfootisdumb

The thorrtlebodys and injectors are in a box. send me 30 dollars and your address its yours. lessthen@gmail.com is my PayPal 

M. Hausknecht
14 hours ago, myfootisdumb said:

The thorrtlebodys and injectors are in a box. send me 30 dollars and your address its yours. lessthen@gmail.com is my PayPal 

Done! Check your PMs. Thanks very much.

Michael

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.