The MT-07 Forum

Tire warmers

fzar

• Premium Member

Anyone got recommendations for tire warmers? I've narrowed my search down to 3.

woodcraft https://woodcraft-cfm.com/products/gen-iii-dual-temp-tire-warmers?variant=31782577831987

Chicken hawk racing https://chickenhawkracing.com/product/privateer-dual-two-temp/MotoD 

moto-d-pro-motorcycle-tire-warmers-95__7

Keep your tires ready to hit the track at any time with a set of MOTO-D tire warmers. Our motorcycle tire warmers come in...

Let me know what you all think.

Thanks.

Edited by fzar
Rudely forgot to add links!!

M. Hausknecht

I've got the dual temp MotoD warmers currently. Although I've used them only about a dozen days, they've worked well and I haven't had any issues. They seem to warm the tire evenly across the surface (using the "palm test"). I've owned Chicken Hawk warmers in the past and they worked well; a friend is using them currently (19 years later) and they seem to get his tires hot enough. If I recall, the Moto D warmers were less expensive than the three temp CH warmers, and the hotter MotoD setting is warmer than the CH two temp warmers and, I think, of better quality. I have no experience with Woodcraft warmers.

• Thanks 1

I would stick with the first two on your list. Ive ran both. Chikenhawk when i first started racing, they are great. I now have woodcraft and have been running them for years.

There was a youtube where a guy tested all kinds of brands of warmers.  

Edited by scratchpad
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I was going to go with the MotoD for their carbon not copper heating elements line, but sadly out of stock until april. I just flipped a coin and woodcraft it is. What the hell do I know so!! I'm sure they will be fine, 5 degree difference in heat max temps. I have 3 full sets of Dunlop slick take off's + another 2 rear's I bought from a local MA racer, some DOT Dunlops that will be sacrificed to the track gods in the garage. I hate winter btw, I live in the south and its cold AF right now. No racing debut this weekend at MSRH, I  tried.

Picked up a set of Capit Suprema Vision Pro’s for a good deal,  I’ll report back in April when I get a chance to use them. Not to further muddy the waters but they seem to be another popular choice at the track.

Edited by Tpadden

• Premium Member
Just now, Tpadden said:

Picked up a set of Capit Suprema Vision Pro’s for a good deal,  I’ll report back in April when I get a chance to use them. Not to further muddy the waters but they seem to be another popular choice at the track.

What was the deal? Do, muddy the water at total disregard to cost and availability. Please.

Just now, fzar said:

What was the deal? Do, muddy the water at total disregard to cost and availability. Please.

I got 20% off what you normally see them listed for from Justin at Trackside parts club but it was a while ago around Black Friday (not sure if that had anything to do with it). He’s an East Coast vendor who is always at the mid-Atlantic tracks, the website is lacking but I’ve found if you ask for a quote for something on FB messenger he normally has awesome prices on pretty much anything track related.

Also if you don’t want digital, the Capit Suprema Vision’s are less expensive.

• Like 1

I’ve always gone with Capit, for a variety of reasons. I’m about to buy another pair. If I wasn’t getting those, I’d get Moto D. But I have some kind of specific requirements.

Namely, those two brands draw  between 750/850W (I’ve actually tested this using some electric testing equipment — at least with the Capit. ~840W for M/XL.) But chicken hawks and some of the other ones, like Woodcraft, 1100-1200 or so. This allows you to run Capit on an 1000-1100 W generator, which is a lot more easy to carry and manage (23 lbs or so). A lot of people like having the extra power of the bigger, 2000-2100W generator (44 lbs), but I have always appreciated the smaller one. Running it near full capacity like that I’m sure beats the genny down quicker, but you can get them for less than 400 bucks, new these days; at least for a Generac, which I have and works fine.  The suprema Capits are also way less bulky than any other brand. Especially chicken hawk or Woodcraft. They are very thin and wrap up and travel very easy. I think chicken hawks are very good and reliable, but they just draw a lot of power and are kind of bulky to carry. 

Their entry level model right now is called the “smart”. I had them last year, and they worked right. Just not as slick as the suprema. 

Because  they are Italian, Capit have of course been hard to find. But Chad, at Nox Racing, has some in stock right now, which is where I’m getting mine. He gave me a pretty good deal and is very responsive.

Edited by jb.junior
Gmr