The MT-07 Forum

Will older model forks fit on my 2021 MT-07

EvanG

Searched a little bit for this answer but no success.

I bought my 2021 mt07 about 6 months ago and looped doing a wheelie, YES I know I’m young and dumb.

I need new forks and have no idea if I can buy stock forks from older models or if I need to find one for the 2021 model.

(if anyone is parting out there 2021 I would love to get in contact with you, forks and right foot peg are the only things to get the bike running properly again)

all help is greatly appreciated!

M. Hausknecht

Any model FZ/MT 07 forks will fit your triple clamps but there have been spring and damping changes made over the years. Be aware it is possible the triple clamps are bent or twisted as well. Bummer; new bike but no collision insurance?

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

I am not sure if there is a difference between the ABS and non-ABS model forks, so make sure you check on that, otherwise they are interchangeable. 

• Like 1

If your fork lowers ( the black, cast aluminum part) is fine and you only bent the stanchions ( the chrome tubes) you can keep your lowers/internals and just swap in new tubes from any year. 

That way any mounting tabs that maybe specific to your bike ( fenders, abs sensors, whatever) will remain original. You'll also retain the later model "updates" that I think are supposed to be slightly stiffer springs and increased damping, like M. Hausknecht mentioned before.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, EvanG said:

I bought my 2021 mt07 about 6 months ago and looped doing a wheelie, YES I know I’m young and dumb.

No shame in that! Bikes are made for fun! I've looped many wheelies and I'm sure I'll loop some more. Just be as safe as you can. Like...don't do it on the interstate at 80mph 😁