The MT-07 Forum

Hyperpro fork springs review

none

Just a quick review, Installed these a few days ago with the included heavier weight fork oil as prescribed in nice included installation manual. A vast improvement for my weight and riding style. 
At about 185 lbs in gear I was in 50+mm of sag and blowing through full travel under hard braking. These springs have me at 23mm sag. The forks are now "working" and a lot more feel in the front tire is just what I was looking for.
Much more stable in braking and mid corner road imperfections are getting taken care of instead of bouncing me off line. My pucker hole is enjoying a more relaxed ride!

I am sure you could spend ALOT more, but for the way I ride these were the appropriate answer. 

• 1 month later...

Anyone else do these? I want to upgrade the suspension, front and rear. Not planning on racing or anything like that, just make the suspension as enjoyable as possible for least amount of money for every day riding!

• Premium Member
Anyone else do these? I want to upgrade the suspension, front and rear. Not planning on racing or anything like that, just make the suspension as enjoyable as possible for least amount of money for every day riding!

This would probably be your cheapest option. Supporting vendor Traxxion offers a drop in emulator kit. It's a step above this, more pricey but still good for the budget minded. Forgot the exact price.

Everything went braap.

• 1 month later...

@none did you install these yourself? i need to pull the trigger on this upgrade but need to know how easy it is to do

I am also curious as to how difficult the install may be. By "difficult" i mostly mean, what kind of tools will we need?

• 1 month later...

Hello,
I just installed the Hyperpro "progressive" fork springs with the 15 weight oil this weekend. I think it makes a very nice difference -- especially on the freeway. In the twisties there still seems to be a little front wheel "chatter?" - (too harsh of a word) but overall, I am very satisfied. The bike definitely feels better planted and does not pogo or ride like a hobby-horse like it used to. The springs coupled with the "seatconcepts" seat I now have make this bike the ultimate commuter/urban-assault vehicle. May be my next "sport-tourer" too.

As for installing there is nothing to it if you can support the front end off the ground -- as you would for wheel removal. Remove brake calipers, bungee them out of the way (obviously do not disconnect the hoses) remove the front wheel then the fender. Loosen the three allen-head bolts on the triple clamps that hold the fork in the triple clamp and the entire fork will slide out. Before doing this though, loose the fork cap on top of the fork, because once the forks are out of the triple clamps you will not be able to hold them tight enough to loosen that top cap/bolt. Once you have the fork in hand with cap off pull the long spacer out, then a washer will come out and then the old spring. You can just turn it upside down and all these will fall out in that order. Pour the old red fork fluid out -- (I measured the amount to get a good idea as to refill -- 14oz in each fork leg). Hold fork upside down and pump it up and down a few times to make sure all the oil comes out. It will take a while if you want to be thorough. Put in new oil and again pump the fork a few times. Put in new progressive spring -- it does not matter if tigher coil is up or down -- though I put the tighter coil in downside, as I heard it may help with unsprung weight. Either way, it really doesn't matter which side is up -- as the nice guy at EPM performance stated - "the springs don't know if they are up or down." Then replace the washer and the spacer (long tube). I got a little fancy and bought a second washer for each leg that I placed on top of the spacer where the fork cap screws on. In other words it protects the cap from screwing directly onto the spacer. Slide forks back into triple clamp, tighten the three bolts on each side, reinstall fender, wheel and brake calipers. Now enjoy a far better ride!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived