The MT-07 Forum

New MT-07 Owner (soon to be)

balkor2

Have contacted several Dealers, noticed that most really don't communicate through E-MAIL and some didn't communicate even in physical. Was strange to experience walking into a dealer and for the most part forcing money into someone's hand

Put deposit down ~2 weeks ago for 2022 MT-07 Cyan Storm.

Has anyone learned as to when shipping will happen? or how to get a glimpse into where / when ?

• Like 1

2022 Yamaha MT-07 Cyan Storm, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 [VN2000A], 1997 Yamaha YZF600R - Thundercat [project]

• 5 months later...

Can officially state "I am a new owner!" now.

Picked her up yesterday and put 22 miles on her before I had to be home for obligations and responsibilities. LOL

eee14d1b-6814-49ee-88f6-125ca9eac792.thumb.jpg.880c62bede330d9945cd86ed34cbe636.jpg

• Like 7

2022 Yamaha MT-07 Cyan Storm, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 [VN2000A], 1997 Yamaha YZF600R - Thundercat [project]

Hey, I'm glad it arrived!  It looks great. 

I had a similar experience when I got my 2020.  I emailed several dealers and only one replied.  We then talked by phone, agreed on a price I thought was pretty reasonable, and I drove down to Durham with my wife and rode it home.

Wow. Glad not alone 

Well I look around the area from NC to Dinwiddie all the way to Maryland, and Delaware. 
NONE.
Yamaha Dealer search was 100% wrong with their inventory. 

Finally (about 2 months) decided to put deposit at local Dealer and waited. Until yesterday LOL 

Just now, balkor2 said:

Yamaha Dealer search was 100% wrong with their inventory. 

Yeah, I was lucky enough to get mine before they got harder to find.  I also got $750 off their original asking price by dickering.  I bet it's harder to get them to come down now.

Just now, Triple Jim said:

Yeah, I was lucky enough to get mine before they got harder to find.  I also got $750 off their original asking price by dickering.  I bet it's harder to get them to come down now.

Absolute

While I would not mind getting 750 off. I feel it is well worth the wait and the money.

For my short time on it ... was pure love.

• Like 1

Just now, balkor2 said:

For my short time on it ... was pure love.

I've ridden since I was 20, so 44 years.  I've enjoyed all the motorcycles I've ridden, but for just going out exploring, or riding the mountains of western NC, I think it would be hard for me to find one I like better.  And these days the 60+ mpg I get helps too!

• Like 1

I've ridden since I was 20, so 44 years.

Nice!

I started at age 6 in the country. So started on a little rm80  and progressed through offroad, dual sport, street, and naked was a Yamaha Radian (late 80s bike). Most recent was a Kawa R1, which I didn't like. It felt fake. Almost like a tank.

I think it would be hard for me to find one I like better.  And these days the 60+ mpg I get helps too!

Agreed. 
It has been a while since I owned a bike but this is what I remembered the Radian feeling like, but better.

Recently had looked up what bikes get MPG now. From the 80s I remember going extensive amounts of distance on a tank. But when I looked up the specs on an old bike of mine and compared to the MT, I am questioning my memory

13 hours ago, balkor2 said:

Recently had looked up what bikes get MPG now. From the 80s I remember going extensive amounts of distance on a tank. But when I looked up the specs on an old bike of mine and compared to the MT, I am questioning my memory

Tanks are often smaller these days for some reason.  My first motorcycle was a '72 Kawasaki H2, which has about a 4-1/2 gallon tank, but the 30 mpg I get with that one means the range isn't great.  I still ride that one.  My 1987 Moto Guzzi Mille GT had a 6 gallon tank and got about 50 mpg, so it had a 300 mile range.  I liked that!  My 2005 Ninja 250 gets well into the 60s and has nearly a 300 mile range.  

But I normally get about 180 miles to reserve on my MT-07, so around 200 miles is safe, since I've gone 40 miles on reserve before.  You can drop that quite a bit with a remap though!  I'm going to keep mine stock.

Edited by Triple Jim

The one specific bike I am thinking of is the 400 xs

image.thumb.png.41f4ee83d1c700cb87bdebc1ecd1e719.png

Supposedly it has the same size tank as MT
But I remember going a while without filling up. But then I remembered filling the bike, and walking next door for a Hardee's burger and soft drink for 5 bucks.

• Like 2

Well, I'm not sure what year that was, but dollars now are worth less than 1/3 of what they were in 1980, and salaries are 3x what they were.  When I hear something like "I bought a Stratocaster in 1980 for 500 bucks and now they're $1,500" I think "same price".

Edited by Triple Jim

• Global Moderator
6 hours ago, balkor2 said:

Can officially state "I am a new owner!" now.

Picked her up yesterday and put 22 miles on her....

eee14d1b-6814-49ee-88f6-125ca9eac792.thumb.jpg.880c62bede330d9945cd86ed34cbe636.jpg

You don't have to do anything (if rubber is good) you can just ride, and the thrill that is moto will stay with you for a good long while, because these are great machines.

But if you mod, keep these near top of your list. EBC HH front brakes, 2WDW ECU flash, and put a little anti-sieze on rear axle Fuji nut /reduce torque.

Read up on  that rear axle nut here, understand, and if you do nothing else on your bike, use a little dab of anti-sieze on that Fuji nut.

On 10/15/2022 at 11:12 AM, 00RAH said:

b071a3fae42af07af508478a7893975f_w200.gi

Good luck! Dont get shot!! :)

Thanks!!
Getting Shot is extremely low on the "To Do List" along with the "Bucket List"  ;)

• Like 1

I was gonna say 'dont crash' or 'ride safe' but since you've been riding for a while i thought 'dont get shot' might be a more suitable farewell.😊

Edited by 00RAH
  • Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 5:31 AM, 00RAH said:

I was gonna say 'dont crash' or 'ride safe' but since you've been riding for a while i thought 'dont get shot' might be a more suitable farewell.😊

Now that you put it that way LOL.

We could categorize it as say 'don't crash' is the same as saying 'Good Luck' in the theater is bad luck.

So we now say 'Don't Get Shot' ??

Like anything place in the world. It is all defendant on where you live.

I was born and grew up in PA.
Everyone has\had guns. We use to get off school for the first of Hunting Season.
Had school clubs on Guns. Had classes on guns, etc

So for mean, guns had been a part of my life since day one and have zero issues with guns.

Now that being said, live in a fairly large metro area and it is not uncommon to hear on the news on how such and such shot this person.  BUT, I am in a fairly large area which has a fairly large diverse culture, top 5 vacation of the east, largest naval port in the world, etc.

• Like 1