The MT-07 Forum

First Post, picking up MT-07 Tomorrow!

MADDOG94

Not so short story.  I've been a Motorcyclist on and off for 30 years.  Owned a handful of Bikes.  All except my very first one (a 1991 Kawasaki EX500) have been Yamahas.  I'm a Yamafanatic, as I've owned Yamaha dirt bikes, street bikes, dual sports and 2 quads.  The list is quite long.

Anyway my current stable includes a 2013 WR250R and 2021 Grizzly 700.  My most recent street bike was a 2016 FJ-09 that I owned until 2019 and then sold it.  I just wasn't into it so much and wanted the room in my garage for other things.  I wasn't really in the market for another bike now but somehow, somewhere online I saw a Cyan Storm MT-07 and was captivated.  I decided that I NEEDED one.

I tracked a couple down, pretty much every one I found was far from me, bordering on "too far to travel for a motorcycle."   Saw a black one and a blue one in person and wasn't in love.  Then one dealer I contacted about a Cyan Storm said that they didn't have one but did have a leftover 2021 in Storm Fluo.  Orange wheels?  Hmm... I hadn't considered that.  About the same time I finally found a Cyan Storm near enough to me that was available.  Now I had a quandary.  Which one do I get?!?

I compared pictures and videos I could find.  I like both, but equally had reservations about each.   What do I choose?  Pretty much all my friends and family said the same thing to me:  "The Cyan is very cool looking but I think you'll get tired of it very quickly.  I like it better but I think you would be happier with the Orange (Storm Fluo).  

So I pulled the trigger this afternoon on a brand new 2021 Storm Fluo MT-07 and will be picking it up tomorrow!  Mods coming are Fender Eliminator, Frame Sliders, Radiator Guard and a Puig New Generation Sport Screen.  Very excited, I only hope I don't regret not getting the Cyan Storm instead...

• Like 1