The MT-07 Forum

Howdy from Tennessee

thestache

Well, I have been posting for a few days...guess i will intro myself :) :)

I am 48, live in Nashville, NO, I cannot sing or play an instrument  :P :P

i am I guess a reentry rider, I rode when I was younger for a few years, then just never did again. I bought a 07 Star 650 last year, wanted to make sure this was not a midlife crisis thing and I would enjoy riding. Well, I put about 3000 miles on it last riding season. My plan WAS to trade it in February for a sport or naked bike(sorta narrowed it down to Honda CBR650F or Yamaha FZ07. However, I totaled my bike last Sunday. Good news, I am OK, GEAR SAVES LIVES!!!! Once my accident is cleared up, I wll start looking at a new bike(see above). I hope Yamaha doesn't do the FZ07, like they did the FZ09, or I might not be able to get one as they are sold out...which also means, I will not have a choice, and will go Honda

• Global Moderator

Welcome (again haha)

48? you're still a puppy, wait until you hit half a century, that feels old.  :P
I bet you at least have one guitar in your household, no?

Man, I read your posts about totalling your bike. That really sucks! Good that you hop right back on a bike. Some get scared and never ride again. Got any pictures of the wreck?

Funny, I got my neighbour interested i riding. So he just did his licence and yesterday we (I should say he) bought a 2009 650 VStar. We are going to pick it up Saturday morning and do our first ride together. He is thrilled and can't wait. And Im am looking forward to it too. I usually ride alone.

I am guessing that Yamaha has learned his lesson with the FZ-09. It is still early days and I can only speak for Canada but it seems that the availability of the 07 is better. My dealer even has two in stock. 
The bike is definitely worth the wait. I blows the competition out of the water. If you get the chance you should take it for a test ride and you will agree. I didn't btw, I bought it out of the box and took my chances. No regrets. It's the best bike I have ever had.

Actually Guru...NOT ONE MUSICAL INSTRUMENT in the house :) :) I am going to get a new helmet and drop off keys and stuff at Geico, so will snap some photos as theirs are not very good.

Your neighbor will love the 650, as cruiser go, it is light enough to maneuver easily. The one issue with the Star 650, is it is VERY quiet. but it is pretty versatile for a small cruiser.

My mistake...OK get ready to beat me up fellow riders...for a split second at 60mph, I thought, "He is not going to pull out" and of course...he did. I made an assumption I will never make again

• Global Moderator
Actually Guru...NOT ONE MUSICAL INSTRUMENT in the house :) :) I am going to get a new helmet and drop off keys and stuff at Geico, so will snap some photos as theirs are not very good. 
Your neighbor will love the 650, as cruiser go, it is light enough to maneuver easily. The one issue with the Star 650, is it is VERY quiet. but it is pretty versatile for a small cruiser.

My mistake...OK get ready to beat me up fellow riders...for a split second at 60mph, I thought, "He is not going to pull out" and of course...he did. I made an assumption I will never make again
Thank is crazy, no musical instruments. I've got 7 guitars (one Yamaha lol) and a piano. Just sold a drum set (yes a Yamaha) because I lack talent on all fronts. 
Here is a picture of the Vstar. My neighbour is standing left, next to Yogi the sales guy. It has some work done on the pipes, so it is louder then stock.
IMG_0924.jpg

Nobody is going to beat you up for making an assumption. We all do it every day but get lucky. You, not so much this time.

I drive like every car is out there to kill me and I still have close calls every now and then.

Archived