The MT-07 Forum

So wait what ?

johnE

I either have to choose performance upgrades to my new to me 2020 MT07 or pay for the chiropractic treatments to realign my neck/back after looking over the shoulder and applying the throttle with extreme prejudice  .......  getting old sucks 🤕   .  New to the forum and have returned to motorcycling.   I have owned and own some very capable machines and I like them.  I love my Yamaha. 

My 2020 does its thing very well with no modifications.  I agree that getting old sucks though.   🙂

• Global Moderator

This bike is your rehab no joke. Five fractured vertabrae, I skipped all rehab and went straight to an XSR700 - the riding pos let me hold myself up with my legs, forcing back muscles to work overtime. I ride for couple hours everyday, show at the hospital every month in riding gear. The tell me "don't stop what you're doing" .

Put some serious riding time in, holding yourself up with you back, keep off those handlebars. Counter steer, with light bar inputs. Win win win at any age 

Be safe, welcome, there's lots of smart people here who help me, ready to stand with you.

@Pursuvant looking forward to applying what you had said.  in 87 became a hood ornament for a Ford F150 full size 4x4 on my Yamaha 400xs.
Been in and out of Chiropractic treatment ever since. 

Have not owned a bike since then (not by choice LOL) . But have wonder. Which is one of the Prime reasons for choosing the MT 07, the rider position. 
Rode a R1, Z1, Old Katana, and a few other track bikes with clip on ... none of them felt good or comfortable after 15 minutes or 30 minutes of riding after the rush passes.
Kind of like when I had a BMW 335d with M suspension. At home going to work and back or grocery store and back, the car was amazing. ~450 lbs of torque, corner amazing. Once turbo spooled up had amazing power. Great of the economy. Drove it from South East VA to Elizabeth, NJ. I felt every pothole and concrete seam in my kidneys , PA / NJ / DC  were the worse. Soon as I got home, traded it in. 

Sorry hijacked it.
@johnE Getting Old isn't for wimps for sure 

Edited by balkor2
addition

2022 Yamaha MT-07 Cyan Storm, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 [VN2000A], 1997 Yamaha YZF600R - Thundercat [project]

Getting even older sucks even more. But I am grateful to be able to ride my MT-07. Fortunately no back problems yet. Owned since 2015.

• Like 1

Just do it! 

And then we get to care for our loved ones that are older than we are.  🥰

• Like 3

Just now, johnE said:

And then we get to care for our loved ones that are older than we are.  🥰

Just make sure your kids see this happening.

11 hours ago, Triple Jim said:

Just make sure your kids see this happening.

There is the key!! Execllent statement my friend.  Have grand babies that are in desperate need of spoiling :)

ATGATT

All the Gear All the Time

2022 Yamaha MT-07 Cyan Storm, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 [VN2000A], 1997 Yamaha YZF600R - Thundercat [project]

Yep getting old sucks. I'm 37 and have a herniated S1 L5 and suffer from at least one sciatica nerve flare up per year. I bought my 2016 a year after the injury and first thing I had to do was get taller bars for straighter positioning of my back. I was not able to get into motorcycles in my 20's so I figured now or never at the time I bought it. I'm recovering from a flare up right now that started 2 1/2 weeks ago and have been dying to ride for that long. Any little bump is just magnified if I have any pain or discomfort in my back. I usually give myself a month of recovery and re strengthening exercises of my back muscles before I even think about riding again. Last year I had 2 flare ups which really cut my riding pretty much all summer.