The MT-07 Forum

kasser

Hi,

Bought a new Mt-07 last week. Looking forward to hearing about other peoples likes and dislikes on the mt-07.

• Premium Member

Pix or it didn't happen.  😉

Welcome to the cult umm group of like minded individuals.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Hi kasser, welcome!

I bought a 2020 new, and love pretty much everything about it.  Except for changing the mirrors and making provisions for a tail bag and saddle bags, it's completely stock and will stay that way.

8 hours ago, kasser said:

Hi,

Bought a new Mt-07 last week. Looking forward to hearing about other peoples likes and dislikes on the mt-07.

Sweet!!

Mine has been delayed (again) until Sept.

2022 Yamaha MT-07 Cyan Storm, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 [VN2000A], 1997 Yamaha YZF600R - Thundercat [project]

5 hours ago, kasser said:

Mine is stock and will probably be staying that way.

For the most part mine will be also.

Any changes would be for Safety or Cosmetic purposes versus Performance.
Now I might change something for something better as in longevity.  Such as on Diesels, Turbo is life, so keeping the temp of gasses going into the turbo low is critical for the life of the Turbo. DPF can cause temps to go through the roof, so altering the exhaust can add life and reliability to a diesel controlling such things.

So if I come across something like that on the MT-07, I would consider it. Otherwise, stock at this time will do ;) 

2022 Yamaha MT-07 Cyan Storm, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 [VN2000A], 1997 Yamaha YZF600R - Thundercat [project]

• 1 month later...

I have a 2019 model, overall its a great commuter bike for me. Front brakes are good for me, but I find the rear brake really soft, so it might be time to flush the brakes and upgrade to steel braided lines. I also find the transmission a little jerky... It is might be because I am not very good at rev matching, but it could be better. I still love it.

nozeitgeist1800
1 hour ago, tomlichu said:

I have a 2019 model, overall its a great commuter bike for me. Front brakes are good for me, but I find the rear brake really soft, so it might be time to flush the brakes and upgrade to steel braided lines. I also find the transmission a little jerky... It is might be because I am not very good at rev matching, but it could be better. I still love it.

the jerky transmission is due to a setting that yamaha sets in the ecu as a means of improving fuel efficiency. if you get your ecu flashed by 2wdw or install your own map, just turn off the setting called 'engine decel on fuel cut' or something similar. lets the bike gradually slow the fuel instead of cutting it completely as soon as you let off the gas. makes the flash worth the money just with that setting being fixed

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nozeitgeist1800 said:

the jerky transmission is due to a setting that yamaha sets in the ecu as a means of improving fuel efficiency. if you get your ecu flashed by 2wdw or install your own map, just turn off the setting called 'engine decel on fuel cut' or something similar. lets the bike gradually slow the fuel instead of cutting it completely as soon as you let off the gas. makes the flash worth the money just with that setting being fixed

Am I the only one who actually likes the engine braking on this bike? 

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
Just now, Mt707 said:

Am I the only one who actually likes the engine braking on this bike? 

Yes :) 

I know how you feel though as I an the only one here who likes the stock exhaust…

• Like 1

Just now, mjh937 said:

I know how you feel though as I an the only one here who likes the stock exhaust…

The stock exhaust is very practical and quite... I have taken my bike for all day rides, and I wish my chineseium exhaust is a little quieter. The person I bought it from did not have OEM exhaust so I left it.

• Like 1

nozeitgeist1800
22 hours ago, tomlichu said:

The stock exhaust is very practical and quite... I have taken my bike for all day rides, and I wish my chineseium exhaust is a little quieter. The person I bought it from did not have OEM exhaust so I left it.

the stock exhaust is too quiet/passive for me, had some random dude ask me if my motorcycle was electric. i bought the akra ti, perfect combination of a bit louder but not loud enough to bother me or anyone else, and a more aggressive sound/rumble. that and a ecu flash made the bike so much more fun than stock it's crazy.

On 9/13/2022 at 2:27 AM, mjh937 said:

I road a buddy’s with a stock exhaust before mine came in, went home ordered my Akra and had it delivered 3 weeks before I even had my bike 🫤

• Haha 1

Just now, Mt707 said:

I road a buddy’s with a stock exhaust before mine came in, went home ordered my Akra and had it delivered 3 weeks before I even had my bike 🫤

Oh Damn LOL