The MT-07 Forum

New here, old to riding

laura

Ha! Ha!  Just purchased a 2022 MT 07 and I'll post pics soon as she is modified to become my bike.

Coming from a BMW K1200RS, so the difference is weight will be appreciated.  Like going from a Cadi to a 68 Camaro.  Both fun rides!

Female (so you get some context to my comments here and abroad).

Putting on a M4 exhaust. ECU is out getting remapped.  Will install heated grips (did I mention I'm older?), windshield, and hard case to carry my sh*t.  

Looking to adapt this bike to go farther distances (Deal's Gap 400+ miles days) and yet still be fun around town.

• Like 3

• Global Moderator

There are a lot of smart folks over here that can help you take your ride where you want it to go. Rich content and great people, you fit right in!

• Like 1

Welcome!  From an also new to me MT07 owner.  Looking forward to seeing those updates!

It's more fun naked!!

23 hours ago, laura said:

Looking to adapt this bike to go farther distances

I've have several 500+ days under my belt on my FZ-07

Here's the things that I did to my bike - mostly just logical stuff that I picked up from this forum.

BTW, I'm older too - age happens 😆  Welcome to the forum!

2WDW Flash

MWR air filter

R6 throttle tube

Bitubo XZE11 shock

Sonic Fork Springs/heavier oil

Michelin PR4 tires

EBC HH front brake pads

Spiegler SS front brake lines

EBC HH rear brake pads

Vortex 520 sprockets 16/44

DID ERV3 chain

Evotech radiator guard

Shogun frame sliders

OES axle sliders

Gilles Chain Adjuster

Gilles titanium locking axle nut

Mirror extenders                                                                                   

Blindspot mirrors

Osram Night Racer light bulb

Denali Soundbomb Mini Horn

Mad Hornets levers

Dart Manta windscreen

Barkbuster Storm hand guards

Edited by FZ not MT

nozeitgeist1800
Just now, FZ not MT said:

I've have several 500+ days under my belt on my FZ-07

Here's the things that I did to my bike - mostly just logical stuff that I picked up from this forum.

BTW, I'm older too - age happens 😆  Welcome to the forum!

Gilles Chain Adjuster

Gilles titanium locking axle nut

does the chain adjuster cause any issues with clearance for your stand? tst has their version and in the install video they kinda hint that there may be some clearance issues with the gilles captive chain adjuster.

41 minutes ago, nozeitgeist1800 said:

does the chain adjuster cause any issues with clearance for your stand?

Nope, it works fine, plus Gilles makes really high quality stuff. 

Don't know what to think about TST???  Gilles parts aren't cheap, so I would expect that there would be no issues. 

I just watched that part of the TST video - That was a little slimy how they promo'd their adjuster over the competition without naming names... guess that's why they call it marketing. Having said that, I actually went from a 16/43 to a 16/44 sprocket setup, so I wouldn't be affected by that.

Thanks for your list.  I saw a video of how someone installed a gel pad in the existing seat and was able to use the existing cover so it looks the same...just feels better.  

nozeitgeist1800
3 hours ago, FZ not MT said:

Nope, it works fine, plus Gilles makes really high quality stuff. 

Don't know what to think about TST???  Gilles parts aren't cheap, so I would expect that there would be no issues. 

I just watched that part of the TST video - That was a little slimy how they promo'd their adjuster over the competition without naming names... guess that's why they call it marketing. Having said that, I actually went from a 16/43 to a 16/44 sprocket setup, so I wouldn't be affected by that.

cool beans, i bought my gilles adjuster like 6 months ago, just been too lazy / caught up with other shet to get it knocked out. will probably tackle once the riding season is over now that its starting to wind down. out of curiosity, what does the different sprocket do that makes it not affected? cant figure out what effect it would have in this context

2 hours ago, nozeitgeist1800 said:

what does the different sprocket do that makes it not affected? cant figure out what effect it would have in this context

In the TST video, he talked about using a smaller rear sprocket which would force you to pull the wheel further rearward to get the right chain tension. This would extend the wheelbase, and supposedly there are other aftermarket adjusters that will allow the bike to be scratched when you use a lift stand. Like I hinted at, I don't think that would be true for the Gilles. Plus, one can always take out a link, and there should be no problems.

Can confirm, there is no clearance issue with the Gilles axle/chain adjusters with a Pitbull paddock stand, using stock sprockets.   Just remember to use medium (blue Loctite) for the Gilles adjuster fasteners.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is one excellent bike!!!!  She so freakin' loud that bystanders from across the road look like gophers.  Then you see them pointing!!!!  She handles great - Chicken strips were non existent after a cautious ride over the Dragon, but more comfortable on the way back.  I wasn't going over 70, so it had all the power I needed.  Only mods were the exhaust, remap ECU, heated grips (they should be standard on every bike) and a windscreen (the large one Yamaha offered and it's still too small).

Hope everyone is just as happy with their bike. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, laura said:

This is one excellent bike!!!! 

She handles great

Hope everyone is just as happy with their bike. 

I agree.

Have 302 miles mine so far.I believe by Monday I will be over the 500 break-in. 

2022 Yamaha MT-07 Cyan Storm, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 [VN2000A], 1997 Yamaha YZF600R - Thundercat [project]

it's easy to put miles on that bike.  I put over 800 miles for just a week at Deal's Gap.  

Glad you like yours also.  It's cool how everyone is modifying the bikes so they are all unique.  

laura