The MT-07 Forum

mt 07 knock sensor placement

Ahmet Ovic

Hello. I need some information about the location of the knock sensor on the mt07 engine block. Can it be in the marked area in the image I shared? Also, is it possible to connect 2 knock sensors to the engine?? Thank you in advance.

Ekran görüntüsü 2022-10-12 220727.png

Edited by Ahmet Ovic

M. Hausknecht
Just now, Ahmet Ovic said:

Hello. I need some information about the location of the knock sensor on the mt07 engine block. Can it be in the marked area in the image I shared? Also, is it possible to connect 2 knock sensors to the engine?? Thank you in advance.

As @AP996 indicated, there is no knock sensor on an of the CP motors and, moreover, the stock ecu has no ability to take advantage of one.  aRacer offers one that can be attached to at least their RC Super 2 ecu ( I have the ecu on my 07 but not the anti-knock module). Once set up correctly, it will reduce ignition advance at a threshold of "knocks" you can set. I thought about it for my race bike and then decided it wasn't worth the trouble. aRacer leaves you on your own to figure out where to mount the sensor and what thresholds to use. Instead, I developed my ignition maps on a dyno and check the plugs fairly regularly for evidence of detonation. Since I always use the same race gas, I've been able to adjust the timing and then leave it alone with reasonable confidence I'm not going to destroy an(other) piston. 

• Thanks 2

• Global Moderator
Just now, AP996 said:

That’s the coolant temperature switch, there isn’t a knock sensor.

Your avatar, just wow

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

Your first post, Welcome. 

We're interested in what you're up to, can you share?

8 hours ago, Pursuvant said:

Your first post, Welcome. 

We're interested in what you're up to, can you share?

I want to use a CP motors with the Link G4X Xtreme X ECU and improve its performance.

13 hours ago, M. Hausknecht said:

As @AP996 indicated, there is no knock sensor on an of the CP motors and, moreover, the stock ecu has no ability to take advantage of one.  aRacer offers one that can be attached to at least their RC Super 2 ecu ( I have the ecu on my 07 but not the anti-knock module). Once set up correctly, it will reduce ignition advance at a threshold of "knocks" you can set. I thought about it for my race bike and then decided it wasn't worth the trouble. aRacer leaves you on your own to figure out where to mount the sensor and what thresholds to use. Instead, I developed my ignition maps on a dyno and check the plugs fairly regularly for evidence of detonation. Since I always use the same race gas, I've been able to adjust the timing and then leave it alone with reasonable confidence I'm not going to destroy an(other) piston. 

I appreciate your advice. Can the Link G4X Xtreme X ECU and the aRacer knock module work in harmony? Do you know anything about it?

M. Hausknecht

I appreciate your advice. Can the Link G4X Xtreme X ECU and the aRacer knock module work in harmony? Do you know anything about it?

I don't know. I see the ecu you reference is intended for automotive use and they aren't exactly inexpensive. You can try asking aRacer but I've sent questions to them and never received a response.  I'd post your inquiry to some the automotive tuning forums like this one:

logo_fb_share.png

Super responsive forum for Performance Car Builders. Get answers to your tuning, wiring, engine building, motorsport fabrication, car...

Have you already figured out how to connect the Cp2's sensors to the Link ecu and determined it will work correctly?