The MT-07 Forum

2021-2022 Comfort Seat Any Taller?

Subito

I’ll be taking delivery of my new 2022 MT-07 in the next couple of weeks, and I suspect it will turn out the legroom might prove a bit tight on longer rides. Does the Yamaha Comfort seat offer additional height compared to the stock seat? That might help open up the angle of my hips/knees (I’m 6’2”).

Edited by Subito

I also 6'2" [32"ish inseam]

To date the longest I have been on the bike ~7 hours. Stock seat ~ stock bike.

I didn't/don't have any discomfort from the angle. My legs didn't/don't feel cramped or achy while on the ride.

I have considered looking into cushions and maybe replacing the seat. But have not pulled the trigger on that because it is more likely me and body position versus the seat. But seat is mildly discomfortable with my butt after that long ride.  

2022 Yamaha MT-07 Cyan Storm, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 [VN2000A], 1997 Yamaha YZF600R - Thundercat [project]

Same here... 6'2" and I haven't had any problem with the seating position.  From what I've read about the comfort seat, it really isn't very different from the stock one.

Does someone ever lowered the rider’s pegs on a FZ/MT in order to increase legroom?

I never scraped a peg in decades of riding so it could be an option for improved comfort on the FZ.

Edited by Claude

Lower pegs can be great for more legroom, but the two times I fitted Knight Design lowering pegs to my bike (Honda CBR600 F4i, Triumph Street Triple R), I found it was impossible to lower the rear brake pedal enough to put it in the proper position. Given what a wheelie monster the MT-07 is said to be, I would be reluctant to do a mod that made it difficult to cover the rear brake in, ah, spirited riding.

• Like 1

Just now, Claude said:

Does someone ever lowered the rider’s pegs on a FZ/MT in order to increase legroom?

I would not do that because I occasionally get close to scraping a peg when on a particularly twisty, clean, deserted road, but if you don't, it could be an option.

Edited by Triple Jim
  • Like 1

Just now, Subito said:

Lower pegs can be great for more legroom, but the two times I fitted Knight Design lowering pegs to my bike (Honda CBR600 F4i, Triumph Street Triple R), I found it was impossible to lower the rear brake pedal enough to put it in the proper position. Given what a wheelie monster the MT-07 is said to be, I would be reluctant to do a mod that made it difficult to cover the rear brake in, ah, spirited riding.

I did this on the two ZX11 I owned over the years. I fabricated many parts for those bikes and in that cases, I got OEM shifters and brake pedals that I modified to work with the lowered pegs. I would do this if I choose that way on my FZ.

Just now, Triple Jim said:

I would not do that because I occasionally get close to scraping a peg when on a particularly twisty, clean, deserted road, but if you don't, it could be an option.

FZ is new in my garage; I’ll ride it first to validate the comfort (or lack of...) and if I scrape the pegs in current OEM location. Time will tell. Thanks!

Just now, Claude said:

FZ is new in my garage; I’ll ride it first to validate the comfort (or lack of...) and if I scrape the pegs in current OEM location. Time will tell. Thanks!

If you leave the feelers on the pegs you may well scrape.  I took them off mine because it was very disconcerting to have them scrape well before my knee puck touched down.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Subito said:

Just found this taller seat on the Yamaha UK website, 28mm higher than stock and not too pricey:

2022-Yamaha-MT07-EU-Cyan_Storm-Action-00

The official product page of the MT-07. The page contains the technical specs, media for download and an overview of related accessories.

Anyone knows if this 2022 seat also fits on my 2017?

I think it doesn't but asking just to be sure...

I have the Yamaha Comfort seat on my 2020 MT07.  The 1" height increase is pretty negligible, but the gel insert is much more comfortable for longer rides.

It was only $180 new at the time (Revzilla I think), so about 1/3 to 1/2 the price of the aftermarket upgrades.