The MT-07 Forum

E-ZPass

balkor2

In my region of VA. Tolls have become more and more  frequent and more of a requirement on having an E-ZPass. At one point in time, VA charged a FEE to have a VA E-ZPass at which I got an Delaware E-ZPass which was free to get and use.

Most of the time when I am going from Point A to Point B. I would be in my car which has an E-ZPass.

I have since contacted Delaware E-ZPass to have a "Motorcycle Transponder" sent to me (costs now to get one but still free to use). 

Trick question ... where to put it. Where it wont get stolen or hit a bump and lose it.

I had caught glimpses of a possible license plate transponder (like it mounts above the plate with screws\bolts). Most of Google is where peeps mount theirs in the fairing of their Harley.

2022 Yamaha MT-07 Cyan Storm, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 [VN2000A], 1997 Yamaha YZF600R - Thundercat [project]

nozeitgeist1800

does the transponder need to be open air visible? would putting it under the seat not work, or maybe inside the side intake scoops? idk much about the toll passes, but i know theres tons of room behind each of the intake panels

Just now, nozeitgeist1800 said:

does the transponder need to be open air visible? would putting it under the seat not work, or maybe inside the side intake scoops? idk much about the toll passes, but i know theres tons of room behind each of the intake panels

If it’s anything like fast track ( the bridge toll fast lane thing we had in comifornia) under the seat didn’t work and you would end up paying like 7$ More everytime you went through.

Just now, nozeitgeist1800 said:

maybe inside the side intake scoops?

If it were Carbon Fiber it would help it go faster right?

Just now, Mt707 said:

didn’t work and you would end up paying like 7$ More everytime you went through.

That is my fear.
Delaware has not been very helpful LOL

2022 Yamaha MT-07 Cyan Storm, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 [VN2000A], 1997 Yamaha YZF600R - Thundercat [project]

• 4 months later...

Ended being, supposedly that the transponder can be put into a pocket or backpack and all will be well.

Have not yet used it for such so not sure if it will be an issue or not.

On 11/8/2022 at 5:03 PM, balkor2 said:

In my region of VA. Tolls have become more and more  frequent and more of a requirement on having an E-ZPass.

I live in Northern Virginia, and all the Express Lanes are free for motorcycles with the exception of the Dulles Access Road and the Greenway. This is actually great as they keep adding more Express Lanes!

7 hours ago, FZ not MT said:

I live in Northern Virginia, and all the Express Lanes are free for motorcycles with the exception of the Dulles Access Road and the Greenway. This is actually great as they keep adding more Express Lanes!

I have yet to get to NOVA on my bike. One day I will or with Fanny (2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000)