The MT-07 Forum

Base Clothing

balkor2

I had purchased the UnderArmor (Employer gave gift card for Christmas) BaseLayer 3.0 -  Pants & Shirt

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/p/pants_and_leggings/mens_ua_base_3.0_leggings/1343246.html?dwvar_1343246_color=001&start=0&breadCrumbLast=Leggings %26 Baselayer

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/p/shirts_and_tops/mens_ua_base_3.0_crew/1343243.html?dwvar_1343243_color=001&start=0&breadCrumbLast=Shirts %26 Tops

I think the sizing is a little small but then it is to be worn under clothing so it very well might be intentional.

---------

Rode my 2022 this past Sunday (Feb 5th)
Outside temp was aprox 37 F or 2.78 C - Mildly windy, very Mild.

So I can honestly say I wasn't that bad temp wise. 
What I wore:

Shoei RF-1400 (Matt Black) w/ Revo Deep Blue shield

Pants: Street & Steel Oakland Jeans 

street_steel_oakland_jeans_black.jpg

Oakland Jeans offer all day comfort with stretch denim and a casual cut, without lacking protection thanks to heat and...

Gloves: Rev'IT Dune

revit_dune_gloves_black.jpg

The REV"IT! Dune Gloves are a tour superior glove constructed from a mesh leather combination. A double...

Boots: Joe Rocket - Outbreak (Black)

2023-0807.jpg?format=1500w

Features: * • Matte finish leather chassis • Reinforced shifter panel • Non-slip sole design • Double stitching in all stress...

Now as other people have mentioned. The RF-1400 helmet is a high airflow helmet. Meaning there is a lot of air moving through the helmet. And being as cold as it was outside. It wasn't THAT cold but it was cool enough that extended periods of time, it could have been bad.

Now maybe some Balaclava would make a huge difference because I could feel the cold on my neck and the coolness on my head (with the lack of hair that comes with age LOL)

axial_block_balaclava_black.jpg

AXIAL Block gear is designed to extend your riding into the colder riding temps. Freeze-Out windproof membrane...

Now remember, it will need to be super thin or it will make your helmet (during the summer\warmer climate) loose.

The only other thing I think would be great is a winter riding glove.
My hands were stiff and mildly hurt, don't have that much feeling as normal. But I did notice towards the end my hands hurt some.

Edited by balkor2
added content

2022 Yamaha MT-07 Cyan Storm, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 [VN2000A], 1997 Yamaha YZF600R - Thundercat [project]