The MT-07 Forum

howdy

pepperona

Finally joined the forums after lurking for a bit. I picked up this MT07 a few weeks ago.

Was riding a 600rr then a FZ09 before this. I do miss the highway pulls but this bike is more fun everywhere else. Sounds amazing with the yoshi.

IMG_7221.jpg

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your MT.

Ed

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

Howdy Pepperona. I'm a newbie myself still in search of an Fz or Mt07. Most of the good deals I see are far from me in Minnesota.

• Global Moderator
5 minutes ago, jdc606 said:

Howdy Pepperona. I'm a newbie myself still in search of an Fz or Mt07. Most of the good deals I see are far from me in Minnesota.

You can search Yamaha website, for dealers that have last year's models (new) as unsold inventory. They make deals just to get it off their inventory floor plan.

Welcome jd

1 minute ago, Pursuvant said:

You can search Yamaha website, for dealers that have last year's models (new) as unsold inventory.

Thank you Pursuvant. I have inquired about and received quotes on 2022 Mt07's. Due to shipping and dealer prep costs the price of a hold-over approaches 10 grand. I have ridden motorcycles most of my life but gave them up about 10 years ago. Want to get back in the wind but at 68 years old, don't really want to invest a great deal of cash as I don't know how realistic my desires are. Am hoping to keep the initial investment at or below $6k. Too cold and slippery to ride now anyway. Patience is not one of my virtues.

• Global Moderator
13 minutes ago, jdc606 said:

... at 68 years old, don't really want to invest a great deal of cash as I don't know how realistic my desires are...

These cp2 bikes, they are strong - 66k miles on a 2019 XSR700 variant, and it runs like a new delivery. Don't let miles bother you, unless maint / neglect is apparent.

Also check for the xsr models, they should be cheaper, and at 63 I'm into retro more than the mt

1 hour ago, Pursuvant said:

Don't let miles bother you

Not the miles, it's the price. While I like the looks of the xsr, they msrp is $900 more than the Mt. Any cp2 engined motorcycle would suit me. Looking for light weight and the simplicity of 2 cylinders. The reading I've done of the competing offerings, puts Yamaha #1. Just stumbled across a Cfmoto 700. Maybe connected to KTM. Msrp much less expensive than others but what about aftermarket or dealer support?

• Global Moderator
2 hours ago, jdc606 said:

...Any cp2 engined motorcycle would suit me. Looking for light weight...

I took a quick look at cycletrader.com search and mt-07 are all low miles & about $8K.  And only one 2015 fz-07 16k $6000. It's a great bike, sellers regret.

I saw a senior cruise thru the park on a new mt-03 looking good with big smile last season, he was getting everything he wanted out of that cp2 bike. Future for me could easily be an mt-03. There are a bunch of them avail at Yami dealers all of them NEW 2023 (0 miles) for $5K. New never sold 2022 models still in stock, less than $5.

I could ride that bike and have a riot. Just a thought, good luck sir!

EDIT: use the saved money for new armor & hemet.

From cycleworld:

Competition
The Yamaha MT-03′s main competitors are the BMW G 310 R, Honda CB300R, Kawasaki Z400, and KTM 390 Duke. Other possible supersport alternatives are the Honda CBR300R, Kawasaki Ninja 400, KTM RC 390, and Suzuki GSX250R.

5 hours ago, jdc606 said:

Due to shipping and dealer prep costs the price of a hold-over approaches 10 grand.

Wow... that means they're not trying to get rid of inventory at all.  I got my 2020 new from a dealer in October 2020, for $8150 out the door.

21 minutes ago, Triple Jim said:

that means they're not trying to get rid of inventory at all

When I called the nearest dealer, they had a single 2022 MT07 even though Yamaha shows them with inventory of 2. The dealership said they received only half their requested order  for 2022. No test riding as it's their only unit. No longer have their pricing but total came to $9700+.  

1 hour ago, Pursuvant said:

I took a quick look at cycletrader.com search and mt-07 are all low miles & about $8K.

I see you are in Texas, I'm up in frigid Minnesota. When I search Cycle Trader there are plenty of desirables on either coast and Texas. I keep hoping for something nearer to show up as the boss of me says I can't buy one until it's warm enough weather to ride it home. Ther are several Fz07's in nearby Wisconsin but they won't sell to out of state, saying their margins are too small to justify the red-tape hassle.

Have noticed the much lower price of the 03 but like the 80mph capability of an 07. Will need to research the 03 further.

On 3/10/2023 at 3:47 PM, Triple Jim said:

Wow... that means they're not trying to get rid of inventory at all.  I got my 2020 new from a dealer in October 2020, for $8150 out the door.

22 was a tad over 9k

I guess the supply and demand still in the demand market.
Last time I stopped in the local dealer (about 2 weeks ago) there was a 22 MT-07 Cyan

• Like 1

2022 Yamaha MT-07 Cyan Storm, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 [VN2000A], 1997 Yamaha YZF600R - Thundercat [project]

1 hour ago, balkor2 said:

I guess the supply and demand still in the demand market.

Was reading a Minnesota dealer's Facebook page this morning. They are taking pre-orders on Suzuki DR650's saying it is the only way to buy one as the company won't be supplying dealers with showroom inventory. Also looking at Suzuki SV650's on Cycle Trader. One dealer is bold enough to list additional shipping+dealer prep cost. That cost adds $999 to the price. The SV650 is same MSRP as an MT-07. Guess I'll keep hoping for a nearby '15-'17 Fz to come around. Too cold and slick to test ride anything right now anyway.