The MT-07 Forum

EBC new "color" pad grading, and HH pad bedding

Pursuvant

• Global Moderator

I stock maintenance parts like EBC HH pads, so I don't go to their website much. Old age  is making me question things, so when I went to the EBC website recently everything looked new (on the website and the pad compounds). Looks like new compounds for car pads and a coloring scheme for identification at a glance.

The HH superbike pads look like no compound changes. I have 4 front disc sets I bought a good while ago, and there is nothing on the packaging about "color". I was in Cycle Gear in the EBC isle last fall and no color coding on packaging.

If I'm wrong about HH compound please set me straight. Also it's a little confusing on the "bedding" instructions. I'm going to run it up to about 80mph and brake hard (but not emergency hard) to slow it down, roll about 50 yards, turn and repeat 8 times.

I can only remember one time I repeated the bedding (because I was unhappy about performance). It may be I did not ride enough to get the pads surfaced to the discs before I did the bedding.

Anybody have any observations about HH bedding please tell?

M. Hausknecht

I've run EBC HH pads on my street bike and was pleased with the feel and power. I don't recall any special bedding in procedure. After using other pads (non-EBC HH), clean the pad remnants off the discs, and then firm brake applications of a few seconds each, separated by a few/several seconds, 8-10 times. You don't want to overheat the pads or discs but you do want enough heat to fully bed the pads to the disc surfaces. It seems you're doing essentially the same thing but I go from 60 to 20, not from 80. I've also bedded new pads in the paddock, with repeated slowing from 40 to 20 mph, but it takes a bit longer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, M. Hausknecht said:

I've run EBC HH pads on my street bike and was pleased with the feel and power. I don't recall any special bedding in procedure.

Same here.

• Like 1