The MT-07 Forum

MT07 missing keys

Mhaiba

Hi everyone,

I just bought an mt07 2018 from the auction but it came without keys, I’m wondering if I replace the whole IGNITION SWITCH LOCK SET WITH IMMOBILISER and ECU will solve the problem?

Thank you for sharing your expertise 

29D475A7-0E77-4AF2-8450-647B858349DD.jpeg

Yes, after all I saw in the service manual this should solve the problem, you replace all imvolved parts mentioned there. 

But I never had to repair something in this area myself, you will probably have to register the keys. This is described in the service manual (Chapter "Electrical system "- > "Immobilizer System")

Edited by ElGonzales

This assumes you have the version of the bike that came with the immobilizer system.

Edited by Triple Jim
  • Like 1

If you want to do it cheap, you could try a Chinese lock set and an immobiliser emulator.

I bought an emulator when I changed my ecu and it worked fine (to my surprise).

• 10 months later...
_x303xDENx_
On 4/20/2023 at 2:31 PM, AP996 said:

If you want to do it cheap, you could try a Chinese lock set and an immobiliser emulator.

I bought an emulator when I changed my ecu and it worked fine (to my surprise).

Hey man, looking to do the same thing with our bike that we are dedicating for the track. Just looking for some quick guidance as to how this emulator chip gets installed. I have purchased the six wire chip in box from the link below knowing it’s got great reviews. https://www.ebay.com/itm/265820239398?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=SiDBRwkpSHi&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=twseddatqyw&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

However, with only YouTube as my guiding light to get this installed and there only being about 3 videos with near nothing regarding explanations or instructions I’m pretty much at a loss. I’m not sure where the plug is that’s coming off the harness coming off the key cylinder… any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by _x303xDENx_
Forgot to add link

1 hour ago, _x303xDENx_ said:

Hey man, looking to do the same thing with our bike that we are dedicating for the track. Just looking for some quick guidance as to how this emulator chip gets installed

Been 4 years since I installed mine and been no problem since 🤞, my memory is a bit hazy but the connector you need is under the tank on the left hand side towards the front, shouldn’t be too hard to locate if you look for a connector that matches the one on your emulator, once you’ve found it, just unplug the immobiliser and plug in the emulator instead, bike should then start as normal.

sorry I can’t be any more detailed.

just found this picture of my emulator installed, might help you locate the connector.

IMG_1752.jpeg

Edited by AP996
Additional information