The MT-07 Forum

Arrivederci 996

AP996

pepperona

wow, any other bike you have owned that long? Ive been through a few bikes but im not sure which one I would want to keep forever

Too many bikes not enough time (or space to store)

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
Pursuvant

Oh ya!, I worked in a bmw ducati shop in the 90's, and we had an all red SS that was the center of the showroom. Sort of like this, but later model, and a 750

duc750ss.jpg.7cc25f90666bb8377768b864eefd6b09.jpg

Old age has set on me now, even the pic makes my butt back & arms hurt. But my ears will always hear that sweet authority 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Pursuvant said:

Old age has set on me now, even the pic makes my butt back & arms hurt. But my ears will always hear that sweet authority 

Ditto

Always loved sound of it on open pipes and that riding position was a pain on the street but get one on a track and suddenly it all seemed right.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pepperona said:

wow, any other bike you have owned that long? Ive been through a few bikes but im not sure which one I would want to keep forever

My GSXR 750 track bike I’ve owned for about 20 years. Guess I’m not very good at selling stuff 😀

• Like 1

I kept my beloved 1991 Hawk GT for 28 years and 65,000 miles, sold it and bought a new Street Triple R that I never bonded with it. So I swapped it out for a new 2022 MT-07, and it’s giving me the same kind of grins my little Hawk did.

Edited by Subito
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, AP996 said:

Guess I’m not very good at selling stuff

No harm in that!!  ;)   Somethings do the same for me.

20 hours ago, Subito said:

never bonded with it. So I swapped it out for a new 2022 MT-07, and it’s giving me the same kind of grins

Kind of how I feel about this

image.png.b050695957b72e9de0c416c0d664ef8d.png

• Like 3

2022 Yamaha MT-07 Cyan Storm, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 [VN2000A], 1997 Yamaha YZF600R - Thundercat [project]

21 hours ago, Subito said:

I kept my beloved 1991 Hawk GT for 28 years and 65,000 miles, sold it and bought a new Street Triple R that I never bonded with it. So I swapped it out for a new 2022 MT-07, and it’s giving me the same kind of grins my little Hawk did.

Another former HawkGT owner here and I totally agree with Subito.  My '19 MT-07 delivers the same kind of riding experience as the Hawk, only better!  Both are nimble and perfect for the twisty backroads that I like to ride.  Owned three(!) HawkGT's at one point.  A pic of my '90 Hawk is below.  Owned it for 13 years..

Mike

P.S. to AP996 - sorry that you had to cut your Duc loose - beautiful bike!!!

P7220001.JPG

Edited by 19MTMike
updated text
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
On 5/4/2023 at 6:32 AM, balkor2 said:

No harm in that!!  ;)   Somethings do the same for me.

Kind of how I feel about this

image.png.b050695957b72e9de0c416c0d664ef8d.png

I owned one of these! it was an awesome UJM with the same kind of useable power band that the FZ-07 has. my experience on this bike is one of the reasons I bought an FZ-07

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

2 minutes ago, DewMan said:

the reasons I bought an FZ-07

Everything Radian was when I rode her in the 80's, was the foundation of judgement towards all bikes.
Now all bikes are judged to FZ-07/MT-07.
Fanny (Vulcan) is used for cruisers on judgement.
Thudercat, when she is done will be used for super sport

• Like 1

2022 Yamaha MT-07 Cyan Storm, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 [VN2000A], 1997 Yamaha YZF600R - Thundercat [project]

• 2 months later...
  • Global Moderator
4 hours ago, AP996 said:

The Ducati was finally picked up today, almost 14 weeks after the new owner paid for it !

34 minutes ago, Triple Jim said:

I've had my '72 Kaw H2 for 45 years.

Gentlemen, can I suggest now is the time for philosophy

"what is, never ceases to be"

Be that, and let it be