The MT-07 Forum

Spring tinkering

cg786

Spent last month or two changing sprockets and new chain, new tires, handlebars, 20 wt fork oil, r6 throttle tube, rsc clutch lever, bella seat cover with new foam gel, led turn signals that people can see! Had flush mounts. Modified the air intake to match opening for tusk air filter 20 bucks its foam. Pj1 fast black on pipes cause rocks were scratching original coat-came out nice after heating pipes.

45 tooth sprocket painted black was on for a couple months but shifting was a little much. Threw a 17 up front-needed impact wrench to get nut loose. Now much longer pulls and stay in one gear for longer. 
New clutch, throttle, and brake lines on the way cause why not? 

DFDDD595-760F-4FE8-8CDB-2031B39619DE.jpeg

• Like 1

This is before using dremel on lid but used a tool that came with outdoor couch to remove air filter without completely removing side panels. Now can clean, oil foam filter without too much hassle have to remove a plastic pin and one bolt near seat. 
Also added speedo fixer with velcro to the right there.

C238A059-4BE7-4A45-A82D-08D03084B6BD.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The black pipes look great! I'm going to keep that in mind, I painted my muffler but now I'm going to start thinking about pipes too.

Nice part about the stainless is that even if the paint burns a bit it won't rust.    With my Kaw triple the expansion chambers would burn the head pipe paint off and rust, where with the crappy chrome on the Moto GuzzI I scuffed the chrome up a bit and painted them, never did rust.