The MT-07 Forum

Throttle tube

Grant31781

Grant31781

What is the difference in the R6 OEM tube and this motion pro one?  I want the short throw throttle. Do these have the same throw. Obviously the OEM tube is a lot higher in price.

https://www.amazon.com/YAMAHA-2C0262400000-Yamaha-Grip-Assembly/dp/B005C59NO2

https://www.amazon.com/Motion-Pro-01-0094-Throttle-Sleeve/dp/B000WJ7OIA

6 hours ago, Grant31781 said:

I want the short throw throttle.

Just buy the Yamaha R6 tube which you listed. It's the shorter throw of the two. It's a very noticeable change that you will really like - Enjoy!

• Like 2

• Global Moderator

I have heard that there are two different Motion Pro tubes, one with less throw that the R6 one and one that is about the same, so if you go that way make sure you get the right one.  I bought the R6 tube and have been very happy with it. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
cornerslider

I made the mistake of buying the motion-pro first..... It essentially did nothing! The OEM Yamaha is the only way to go-

• Like 2

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

Not to hijack this thread, but to people with the R6 tube:

Did you keep the same throttle body return spring? I have seen the norton racing lighter pull spring.

I think it only bothers me when im riding at slow speeds. Not sure if im crazy or is it worth the 40$ to install.

• Global Moderator
1 hour ago, pepperona said:

Not to hijack this thread, but to people with the R6 tube:

Did you keep the same throttle body return spring? I have seen the norton racing lighter pull spring.

I think it only bothers me when im riding at slow speeds. Not sure if im crazy or is it worth the 40$ to install.

I did not know about the lighter return spring.  I might have to do that.  I am not unhappy with the current strength but lighter would be nice. 

• 2 weeks later...
Grant31781

I got the tube on there. It is definitely a shorter throw as I had to let out a bit of cable so it would turn. The throttle feels like the spring tension is higher now which makes sense due to reducing my leverage advantage.  The throttle seems to respond a bit smoother in the low rpm range vs the stock tube.

I got the motion pro and my throttle sticks.  Seems to be just larger enough to cause issues.  Anyone come across this and figure out an easy solution?  I reverted back to the stock for now.

It's more fun naked!!