The MT-07 Forum

Anybody using an EJK?

jendamikes

jendamikes

Hey guys,

Been fiddling with my EJK since I got it installed and I'm struggling to dial in the settings. I'm rocking a 300mm black widow exhaust with the db/k and air snorkel out. The EJK website doesn't seem to have any recommended settings for my setup. Anybody have some tips on dialing in those settings? 

Thanks

M. Hausknecht

i suggest you pick one of the provided "maps" for an after-market pipe with the snorkle pulled. It shouldn't be too different from the Black Widow exhaust.  The marketing blather makes it sound easy to dial in your own tune but, as was the  case with carburators, you need to understand the motor's fuel needs and how to tell if it is lean, rich, or just right. It is odd to me they even compare their system to jetting a carb. Those of us who've been riding and tinkering with bikes long enough remember trying to jet carbs, and are very happy that fuel injection came along. 

Alternatively, sell it and get a flash from these guys: https://2wheeldynoworks.com/.  It modifies your fuel maps appropriately, as well as a number of other beneficial changes the EJK is not capable of making.

14 hours ago, M. Hausknecht said:

Those of us who've been riding and tinkering with bikes long enough remember trying to jet carbs, and are very happy that fuel injection came along. 

Amen to that!

14 hours ago, M. Hausknecht said:

Alternatively, sell it and get a flash from these guys: https://2wheeldynoworks.com/.  It modifies your fuel maps appropriately, as well as a number of other beneficial changes the EJK is not capable of making.

Sage advice, IMHO.  Hard to find anybody who is dissatisfied with their 2WDW flash..

• Like 1