The MT-07 Forum

New Summer Jacket

fastfredyb

I ended up picking up one of these for $55 when they still had more sizes in stock. motorcyclegear.com has an awesome clearance section if you don't mind wearing last year's styles.  
http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/closeouts/last_chance_bargains/first_gear/2010_mesh_tex_mesh_motorcycle_jacket.html
I would've definitely grabbed that one if they had the size.

I run the Joe Rocket Alter Ego 3.0 and it is great. It is a bit pricey but you get 3 season riding from it. (Spring, Summer, Fall) And I want to say if you really wanted to, you could get winter as well. The outermost layer is a wind breaker and you don't get any windchill and when you take off the water proof top layer and the removable fleece liner, You get an all mesh jacket that breaths really nice. I am very happy with it and have been wearing it every single time I have ridden my bike in the past year, hot or cold weather. It comes with CE level 1 Shoulder and elbow pads and a foam back protector, But I went all the way and bought ForceField CE level 2 shoulder and elbow NET armor and a CE level 2 back protector also by ForceField. Now it is probably one of the most protective textile jackets I could possibly have. Haha

I bought a few weeks ago (black Friday) a Firstgear Mesh Tex Jacket. The discount price was'nt as cheap as the 2010 quoted by mjesenovec. But i saved around 20%. It will replace my Alpinestar Air Flow that is 9 years old. The color on the shoulder are faded by the sun. Wish that this new jacket will be as good as my Air Flow jacket. The Firstgear seems lighter. The liner is lighter. I'm hoping that it's as effecient as the Air Flow's liner.

It's frustrating a bit to buy something and have to wait to really try it.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

Archived