The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 Sold - My takeaways

FZ not MT

Well, it's been an interesting ride (literally). I've had my FZ-07 since October 2015 and sold it today after 17,000 great miles. 

I've been on this forum for most of that time using three different names - 2wheeler, FZ07R WaNab and the current FZ not MT. I watched this forum grow as the popularity of the FZ/MT-07 grew.  Sadly I've watched it die off as our bikes lost their newness. The good news is the forum is still here, and there is a poop load of info on the FZ/MT-07 here, but unfortunately the super knowledgeable folks aren't online much anymore. For the newer folks, take the time to keyword search the forum as you will probably find what you are looking for.

Regarding selling the bike, I had it listed on the forum and on the Washington DC area Craigslist. I started at $6500, then dropped it to $5900 followed by $5500. I never got a nibble until I dropped it to $5000. I ultimately sold it to a buddy who was also my mechanic for 20 years of vintage dirt bike racing.

It's time for me to get the bike I've always wanted....

The Best.jpg

Edited by FZ not MT
  • Like 1

Funny... I sold my Moto Guzzi when I got my MT-07.  The V7 is 90 lbs heavier than an MT, and a few less HP.  Are you sure you want to go that way?  

They're cool looking though.  I got a fair amount of attention when I rode my 1989 Mille GT.  At the Post Office, a woman admired it for a few seconds and then asked "Mah-toe-Guh-zee... who made that?"  I replied, "Some nice men in Italy."

photo000.jpg

Edited by Triple Jim
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Triple Jim said:

Are you sure you want to go that way?  

Funny story... I went to the local Moto Guzzi dealer in 2015 with every intention of buying one. I had test ridden the V7 III and the V7 Racer, and loved them both. They aren't great at anything (except looking VERY cool), but they are just a fun ride. Unfortunately, the salesman was a total a**hole to the max. The next closest dealer was far away, which meant I would have to deal with this dealership. This led me to a Ducati Scrambler (didn't buy it) and then to the FZ-07.

I'm 65 and have owned 40+ bikes. I may have 10 more riding years left, and the look of the Moto Guzzi plus that laid back ride has got to be added to the bucket list. 

You got admit Jim, that picture that I posted of the 2023 Special Edition looks pretty damn good. Plus this is with the new 850cc motor with 65 hp and 53.8 ft-lb.

Then have you seen the new Mandello???

2022-Moto-Guzzi-V100-Mandello-07-scaled.jpg

Edited by FZ not MT

I'm 65 too.  There's no question that they make good looking motorcycles, but when I went from the Mille to the MT and someone asked what I thought of it, I said that it seemed like Yamaha had an engineer follow me around for a couple years to figure out what I need to be comfortable on a motorcycle, and made the MT-07.  It's definitely the most comfortable of any motorcycle I've owned.

Obviously everyone is different, so what I like and feel comfortable on doesn't mean anything to someone else.  If you get the Guzzi, I hope you feel like a Guzzi engineer followed you around for a couple years.   :)

I guess the green framed 1000S is probably my favorite Guzzi as looks go.

image.thumb.png.f62d611aa7eaa57cb83b5d43db56de99.png

It's always hard to beat the old round-fin LeMans though.

image.thumb.png.ec0297a03ad7b2db7b467669fd4189c4.png

Edited by Triple Jim
  • Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.