The MT-07 Forum

2023 Quick shifter?

Northsouth217

Northsouth217

Has anyone fit the Yamaha OEM quick shifter to a new 2023 MT yet? I can't find any information about this anywhere. I'm thinking that the R7 quick shifter would probably be the same, but can't find anyone that can confirm. Thanks-

Northsouth217

They’re up on Yamahas site now. Also found one that may be better quality on ebay. I’ve been talking with Dano’s performance and they said they will have one shortly (R7 quick shifter) with a rod length for the MT07 that is plug and play. Supposedly less slop for more positive shifts and less missed shifts. 

• Like 1

Northsouth217

Installed the quick shifter today but don’t know how to program it to work. Tried the process that worked on the R7 forum, no luck. Any ideas? 

14 minutes ago, Northsouth217 said:

Figured it out.

What did you do to make it work?

Northsouth217

Just had to hold up on the shifter way harder than I expected until the QS appeared on the dash. Will test it out today.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2023 at 4:15 AM, Northsouth217 said:

Just had to hold up on the shifter way harder than I expected until the QS appeared on the dash. Will test it out today.

I was having the same issue finding the Yamaha MT07 quickshifter, how is the Dano's performance one been working for you?

Northsouth217

It needed way too much pressure to make it shift, to the point of potentially bending something so I sent it back to be checked for calibration. Dano’s Performance has been great to deal with though. Excellent customer service and support. I’ll update how it works when I get it back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Purchased the quick shifter from Partzilla.  

BAT-181A0-01-00 - SHIFT LEVER KIT - Replacement part for BAT-181A0-00-00

On 8/12/2023 at 7:50 PM, xerxesb said:

did you purchase from dano's? and did you get the one for R7?

Yes. They make one specifically for the MT 07 being that it has a different length shift rod. After I sent it back and it was re-calibrated everything works great.

Edited by Northsouth217
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@MT07ORC hey man I’m looking for the oem quick shifter. But I’m confused because the description says “shift lever kit” is that the same thing? Thanks for your time friend 

• Like 1

Northsouth217

Not sure about that. If you get on Yamaha‘s site, they should have it on there. Otherwise, Dano’s is on EBAY. Works great.

• 4 weeks later...

@gdv2109yes that is the correct part name.  Have it installed on bike and works good. 

Edited by MT07ORC