The MT-07 Forum

New guy update

Hoze

Stopping in to say hi since I’m a new guy but old to riding. After 3 back surgeries I thought I would never ride again then a month ago visiting my son was riding everyday with him on his buddies bike. No back issues was surprising next thing I do was pick up a 2020 mt-07 I love this torquey bike!

• Like 1

Welcome! Glad your back is feeling better. I cannot emphasize enough the importance of physical therapy and improving your core strength. Training your core strength gives you more stability and may help with your back pain.

Do you have pictures?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoze said:

next thing I do was pick up a 2020 mt-07

I picked up one of those myself.  :)

Welcome, Hoze!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums! 

What kind of bike did you use to ride?

4 hours ago, pepperona said:

Welcome to the forums! 

What kind of bike did you use to ride?

My last bike was a Suzuki GSXR 1000r, but my back was getting bad and I just couldn’t sit in that front lean position anymore. But 8 years and 2 back surgeries later I find the mt-07 to fit me quite comfortably.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hoze said:

But 8 years and 2 back surgeries later I find the mt-07 to fit me quite comfortably.

When I sat on mine for the first time, I felt like it had been designed for me, to make me feel as comfortable as possible.

• Global Moderator
19 hours ago, Hoze said:

...my back was getting bad and I just couldn’t sit in that front lean position anymore. But 8 years and 2 back surgeries later I find the mt-07 to fit me quite comfortably.

I know that back bones pain too - can I suggest you adjust the handle bars. Bring them way back, you increase your comfort

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pursuvant said:

I know that back bones pain too - can I suggest you adjust the handle bars. Bring them way back, you increase your comfort

Thanks for the suggestion!

• 1 month later...

Glad your able to still rip around and enjoy motorcycles!

Also had a bad wreck the left riding in a more attack position basically impossible for me. Supermotos and the nakeds have been the saving grace to still let me get my fix.