The MT-07 Forum

Footpeg vibration after tyre change

bigtom99

This one has stumped me, I have crazy footpeg vibrations like 20 phones strapped to my feet. All I have done is take my rim off to get a new tyre put on. The sprocket dampeners or weights were put back in, chain is adjusted properly axle nut is torqued properly. It makes the bike almost unrideable it is so annoying. Could it be the way I jacked the bike up or something I truely have no idea 

Wow. That's crazy. Any odd noises to along with it, or is it just the vibration? 

There's always the possibility that's it's simply a bad tire or it didn't get balanced, but I'd definitely due a thorough visual inspection. 

I can't really think of anything obvious to suggest checking, but maybe the wheel spacers? It's easy to overlook the spacer that goes inside between the wheel itself and the cush drive/ sprocket carrier. That could allow the cush assembly to bind up. 

I have the little spacers on, it's just super weird I used to be able to ride for about 2 hours before I had to stop and that was bc the seat was too uncomfy now I can barely ride for 20 mins before my feet hurt 

And it's not speed based at all if I pull the clutch in I have 0 vibration on the pegs at all, it's all load and rpm based with some rpm being more vibratey than others 

46 minutes ago, bigtom99 said:

... if I pull the clutch in I have 0 vibration on the pegs at all, it's all load and rpm based 

Stand behind your rear sprocket and see if it is lined up with front sprocket.

If it is way off, you can see the problem without an alignment tool.  

It sounds like something got jacked from removing - reinstalling the wheel because if it was simply out of balance that would continue to vibrate when pulling in the clutch. Something is going on with the chain, sprockets, spacers, alignment... loose parts..

Chain_align_tool cycle gear.jpg

• Like 2

I don't know what I've done but I checked that the two sprockets were in line visually they were smack on decided to just undo everything take the chain off and reset it, did it all back up and the thing barely vibrates now hahahah. Truely one of the mysteries of the modern world 

• Like 1