The MT-07 Forum

Adv fz07

motocannon

I've owned my fz07 now for 7ish years. 

What started as a joke to me being serious about building fz07 into adventure bikes cause yamaha was taking for ever to release the t700. 

Jake the garden snake and I took on the joke to make it reality with functionality with in reason as the guide to our choices.

So I started with stock suspension. Custom 3 inch fork extensions for the front. Oem tracer 700 rear swing arm, linkage, axle, fender. With extreme creations lift linkage (+25mm) in the rear. I also had traxxion dynamics internals in the front with a tracer 700 ktech rear shock(still have that on right now). 

From there we went on couple different trips still rocking 17inch rims. I knew I needed to go to a 19 in thr front. Knowing the yamaha bolt forks were very similar to the fz07 forks. I ordered a used rim off ebay to set off on trying to make it fit. 

Ended up woth a fjr1300 320mm rotor. Extreme creations 320mm adapter plate. Stock bolt 2 piston front brake caliper. Which required custom wheel spacers and caliper spacers which with the help of a local machinist only took 30 mins to turn some stainless steel. That worked flawlessly. Had to drop the forks down off the extension some, but handled exactly how I wanted. But I wanted more. 

Scrolling the social medias, I stumbled on an xsr700 with a tenere 1200 front suspension and it490 headlight, custom tank. Made to look like a proper scrambler. Fell in love. Spent the next year and half watching and buying used parts off ebay. 

Now to today, with some effort, new bearing sizes, turning down and re tapping the threads on the stock tenere 1200 steering stem. The front suspension bolted onto my fz07. Potential faster/easier route would be to find some t700 triples instead as those are less work to fit. The issue there is, I don't the fork spacing is different or not. 

Back to my bike, seat height is still 2 inches shorter than a drz400sm. I've had multiple friends ride it and they love it. 

IMG_20230520_130003_835.jpg

• Like 2

Impulse.Movement

I would love to see some videos of this bike on the trails. Do you have a build video With Jake or just did it on spare time? 

also wondering if you are concerned with debris scratching the forks?

11 hours ago, Impulse.Movement said:

I would love to see some videos of this bike on the trails. Do you have a build video With Jake or just did it on spare time? 

also wondering if you are concerned with debris scratching the forks?

With the newest upgrades I don't have footage yet. I have launched off some tall edges with no issues though. It was something we built at the same time. I wanted a more oem+ finish and overall look. 

We are talking about making a cover for the lower forks. I have the lower fender off of my triumph scrambler 1200xe that looks good. I would just need to fab up some brackets to hold it. 

On 7/30/2023 at 11:56 AM, tomlichu said:

That's a cool build! Does it ride like a supermoto?

Yes, still very nimble, low weight, 3rd and 4th gear wheelies.