The MT-07 Forum

St3ady@im92

What’s going on everyone! I had just purchased my first bike about 2 weeks about, being a 2017 FZ07. I grew up on and around dirt bikes and 4wheelers and stop riding around when I was 20. Now I’m 30 with a wife and kid and even though my wife said she didn’t want me to get the bike, here I am anyway. I love the bike and am just looking for some suggested reads or anything on here. Hyped to learn more and to become part of the community. Thanks in advance 🤟🏻

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

If you're 30 you've lived enough to know about safety. Please do read up on basic safety gear and make it a thing evertime you ride. How can your wife argue with "because safety"

Welcome aboard, welcome back to moto, hope you make it a long lived way of life

• Like 1

Welcome and +1 on safety please don’t be that guy riding on flip flops and shorts and a tank top. I being new to this sight myself have found tons of interesting reading here enjoy!

Welcome to the board, St3ady@im92.  Enjoy the FZ!  Are you in the US?  What state?

Yeah man I’m from Maryland. My cousin has a FZ09 but other than him I don’t see many sport bikes or naked bikes around my way. I’d love to go on a ride before the summer ends with a big group but I just gotta find them lol

I spent my first 40 years or so in Bethesda.  There's some really nice riding in MD as long as it's away from the big cities.

Big groups are not always as fun as it seems like they'd be, especially for someone just getting used to a new motorcycle and riding on public roads.  I live in Rural NC now.  Riding alone in the countryside is fun for me, and riding with a friend is fun, but once it gets over about 2 or 3 people it loses its "free and easy" feel.

Yeah I can see that, I’d just like to find a few friends to ride around with. And yeah I’m about 2 hrs away from Bethesda. I live in a small town so I do most my riding on back roads. Aslong as the weather is good I’m on the bike, saves money on gas lol. I bet NC has some beautiful places to ride

2 hours ago, St3ady@im92 said:

I bet NC has some beautiful places to ride

Yes it does.  One of the most famous is The Tail of the Dragon, over at the TN border.  My daughter and I attend the annual 2-stroke meet there each spring.  Once you're out there in the mountains, there are nearly unlimited beautiful places to ride.  Here's Wayah Bald, for example.

wayah_bald_full_pan_2048.jpg

Yeah that’s beautiful right there. I actually think my dad rode the tail of the dragons with his ABATE group a few years back. What’s your age? If you don’t mind me asking. You said your daughter and you go to the meet and I have a three year old boy that I’m looking forward into doing stuff like that with. By the time he’s 5 I wanna get him his first dirtbike.