The MT-07 Forum

New 2023 MT07 rider looking for help customizing

AFlyingScorpion

AFlyingScorpion

Hey guys, 

I want help customizing my bike.

I got a low windscreen already( not in the picture)Snapchat-1171568809.thumb.jpg.3135b05286f1215a5c3dc66f0eeb84cf.jpg

I got rear handles on order. 

And will be getting a new seat. 

Just looking to customize it to make it mine. 

Any luck finding Flush mount front turn signals that look good? 

Any recommendations go a long way to help. 

Edited by AFlyingScorpion

There's the usual stuff for bikes,

• a tail tidy ( unless you ride in wet)
  • exhaust 
  • frame sliders or cage

Check out TST industries, im a fan of their tail tidy and turn signals.

Welcome to the forum!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pepperona said:

There's the usual stuff for bikes,

• a tail tidy ( unless you ride in wet)
  • exhaust 
  • frame sliders or cage

Check out TST industries, im a fan of their tail tidy and turn signals.

Welcome to the forum!

+1 on TST lots of stuff to give you ideas on there.

• Like 1

I went with a set of Proton 500 flush mount front turn signals on my MT and they're ridiculously bright, which is a good thing considering they only stick out a little more than the side radiator guards. At night, though, they throw light across almost the entire lane.

I'm not sure if they're available anywhere now unfortunately, though. It looks like they were hit pretty hard with the chip shortage and everything on their site is out of stock. I highly recommend them if you want to go the flush mount route, but if no one has them in stock, TST makes solid products. 

TST is a popular recommendation, but I am not a fan of their MECH GTR turn signal. I do not find it very bright, and it's DRL is pretty useless during the day time. It's overprice IMO. Besides that, their integrated tail light is nice and bright. You can also customize the brake light flashing pattern as well.

Not so much of a cosmetic, but if you are a heavier rider, I recommend upgrading the rear shock to an aftermarket one. This will make your bike much more fun to with improved handling characteristics.

• Like 1

When it eventually comes time to get new tires, make sure to add 90 degree (right angle) tire valves while you’re at it, makes maintaining proper tire pressures much easier.

• Like 3

• Global Moderator

Balanced value for the $ list imo

1   x   Yamaha Shop Manual

Freebie - anti seize on the rear axle nut & reduce torque to about 55 ft lbs

DIY learning - study up and get mentally prepared to "do my own sprockets front and rear & chain replacements", "oil change", "remove wheels from bike myself & drop 'em off where I buy rubber", "clutch replace", "valve adjust"

DIY equipment - paddock for the rear and front is really helpful too, it's a gateway drug to diy front end and radiator/exhaust/+ work & more" 

ECU flash (trumps every other mod, it's for rideability, not because **pipe, **power,...)

Comfortable seat because if it hurts to ride then what else would matter?

EBC HH brake pads front wheel 

Suspension forks & shock, but if can only do one I'll give edge to the forks springs plus emulators. It's a trade-off with the OEM shock frustrating the forks

And don't ever listen to @Pursuvant advice, that idiot said reduce torque on an axle

• Like 3

• Global Moderator
7 minutes ago, Subito said:

When it eventually comes time to get new tires, make sure to add 90 degree (right angle) tire valves while you’re at it, makes maintaining proper tire pressures much easier.

Untold grief and suffering at gas stations on the road solved by @Subito 's smart advice. ++3 star smart

IMG_20230811_144938756.thumb.jpg.bd38f00e55229ba67da717094a4c46dd.jpg

• Like 1

AFlyingScorpion
2 hours ago, Pursuvant said:

Balanced value for the $ list imo

1   x   Yamaha Shop Manual

Freebie - anti seize on the rear axle nut & reduce torque to about 55 ft lbs

DIY learning - study up and get mentally prepared to "do my own sprockets front and rear & chain replacements", "oil change", "remove wheels from bike myself & drop 'em off where I buy rubber", "clutch replace", "valve adjust"

DIY equipment - paddock for the rear and front is really helpful too, it's a gateway drug to diy front end and radiator/exhaust/+ work & more" 

ECU flash (trumps every other mod, it's for rideability, not because **pipe, **power,...)

Comfortable seat because if it hurts to ride then what else would matter?

EBC HH brake pads front wheel 

Suspension forks & shock, but if can only do one I'll give edge to the forks springs plus emulators. It's a trade-off with the OEM shock frustrating the forks

And don't ever listen to @Pursuvant advice, that idiot said reduce torque on an axle

Brother did you just give me advice then say not to listen to it? Lol 

• Global Moderator
5 hours ago, AFlyingScorpion said:

Brother did you just give me advice then say not to listen to it? Lol 

Yes, and I forgot the legal...

Disclaimer - all my mods will kill you and cause athletes foot fungus.

• 5 months later...
AFlyingScorpion

Can anyone tell me if the MT-07 2022 AND 2023 seats are the same? I want a Corbin seat as they are great seats. 

But they don't have the 23 model out yet and. I want a new seat before riding season lol 

Also looking for short levers and recommendations

Edited by AFlyingScorpion

1 hour ago, AFlyingScorpion said:

Can anyone tell me if the MT-07 2022 AND 2023 seats are the same? I want a Corbin seat as they are great seats. 

But they don't have the 23 model out yet and. I want a new seat before riding season lol 

Also looking for short levers and recommendations

2022 and 2023 are the same. You can check the parts list: https://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemparts/l/yam/6419ce84a4455c511bbece7e/2023-mt07-mt07pb-parts

I run Womet Tech shorties (a middle ground between chinesium and premium brands) but I personally would not recommend the brake lever if you trail brake. The distance between the lever and the throttle is a little too far when I am trail braking with the shortest setting. My hand length from wrist to middle finger tip is 7.5" (19 cm)

Edited by tomlichu

• 2 months later...
AFlyingScorpion

Tst tail tidy

Tst led front signals

Fenrir bar mount mirrors

Windscreen of Amazon

Corbin saddle (Grey is off from the bike but it is comfortable so what ever) 

Cortec tank bag ( not in picture) 

What is next 

Ermax scoop in cyan storm

Ermax rear hugger(chain guard) in the cyan storm 

Radiator guard

Pictures may be a little off the file size was to big so I needed to crop them 

Also thank you @tomlichu the 2022 Corbin saddle fits perfectly 

2024_04_05 1_26 PM Office Lens.jpg

2024_04_05 1_31 PM Office Lens.jpg

• Like 1