The MT-07 Forum

Clutch won’t engage/disengage

Youndlc

• Global Moderator

You likely have the clutch pull rod misaligned during reinstall. Nothing is broken, just reinstalled out of alignment....

Here are the supplemental tips on clutch install...

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

@Youndlc please only create one original post per topic.

I have merged the three posts you created into this single post topic (your original post today). You can continue the discussion here in this one topic, your original post about your clutch problem.

Welcome to the forum, you will find lots of information on fz07.org  by using the SEARCH option. And we will all try to help your sort out bike problems.

FYI I also moved your topic to the "fz07 mt-07 general discussions" sub forum.

Please visit the New Member Introductions and let everyone know you are a new member, and about your moto

• Global Moderator
18 minutes ago, Youndlc said:

So is this the correct alignment on the clutch arm?imageproxy.php?img=&key=8c315489159bce4fimageproxy.php?img=&key=8c315489159bce4fimageproxy.php?img=&key=8c315489159bce4f

image.jpg

The parts alignment stamps can be perfect like you have done in your picture, but internally the spline/clutch pull rod can be completely out of alignment.

Help yourself by reading this thread completely, the second half comments are what I think is your issue(s).

In that thread, you will find a YouTube video from one of our senior members on fz07.org. He shows how to put it back together and get everything aligned and working. 

Give that a shot, read closely the comments of everyone - some things you can't jump right to the endgame, you want to see what others have done, and have said.

• Global Moderator

Suggestion is to read thru the thread I linked to earlier (below)

3 hours ago, Pursuvant said:

Help yourself by reading this thread completely, the second half comments are what I think is your issue(s).

In the second half of that thread find this "how to" approach from @Evill_Ed 

On 1/26/2023 at 9:37 AM, Evill_Ed said:

Okay, so my method is to remove the clutch pull arm by removing the snap ring. I slide the outer case cover back on letting the rack index itself. Once the cover is secured, I reintall the pull arm, aligning the dots and reinstall the snap ring. 

I have not had any issues doing it this way. 

Ed

Ed is a senior resource, and I plan to follow his alternate approach for indexing/alignment when I do my next clutch pak replacement. Perhaps it will give you an alternative

• Like 2