The MT-07 Forum

2 broken legs, never thought I'd ride again, back on an fz 🤣

Dylan M

Hey gang, just saying hi, was a long time 09 owner and very active 09 forum member, had my dad sell the 09 when I was in the hospital with 2 broken legs from a dual sport crash, never thought I'd ride again. Here I am on an FZ again hahaha

Should have never sold the 09, but the 07 is every bit as lovely.

I'd post a picture but it's just a red 07 with an akra exhaust, semi knobby shinko tires for an aggressive look, crg levers, basic stuff.

Anyways, I'm just here for some banter, some buy sell trade, and some memes. 

Actually a pretty funny story how I wound up with the 07. Let's just say a girlfriend wanted a bike, she's gone, and now I have an fz hahaha

• Like 2

Two broken legs sounds like a heck of a story and not a very fun time! You're riding again so apparently healed up good. That's good news! 

I'm a bigger guy and sold my 07 for an 09. Love the 09, but the 07 is the only bike I've ever missed after selling. Below 60mph, I think the 07 is the more powerful bike, and it's certainly a better handling chassis with all suspension components being equal. I really want another 07 but the ergos of the larger 09 fit me like the bike was tailor made for me. It's the only bike I've ever jumped on straight away and knocked out an 8hr ride in perfect comfort. I'd be curious what you think of moving from an 09 to the 07. 

• Like 1