The MT-07 Forum

2023 oem quickshifter + 2wdw tune ??

g2westwood

Hey riders, 

So I purchased the oem Yamaha quickshift kit when I purchased my 23 model . I didn't have the dealer install it as this is my first bike, and I wanted to get a feel for the clutch/tranny before I started adding automated stuff (dealer and I both didn't know at the time that pulling the clutch disables the QS and you can shift normal as if the QS wasn't installed) 

Question: I purchased a 2wdw tune (have a bench flash kit) , and installed the QS while the bike was half apart t0 retrieve the ECU. I'm about the flash the tune now , do I need to activate the "quickshifter Module" in the tune? (forgot to ask 2wdw,  I've emailed them but their time zone is 3 hours behind mine and wont be open for a while)  Or is that "module" only for tweaking the QS settings to your liking VS the oem settings? If I don't activate the QS in the tune before flashing, will my oem QS work if I follow procedure & do on bike activation like instructions say?  I'm adhd and overthinking this son of a bitch like there's no tomorrow . 

thanks,

G2

• 1 month later...
Northsouth217

Should work fine. 2wdw wouldn’t do anything to negatively affect the shifter. Mine is flashed by them and my quick shifter works as it should. 

• 4 weeks later...

@gdv2109 I'm in Canada , you're unable to find the part #? Or they are on backorder from the dealer? 

@Northsouth217  I'm not sure if you sent yours off for a flash or flashed it yourself? I flashed mine at home, in the tuning suite there are options regarding QS timing maps, minimum rpm, activation delay, next shift delay, and sensor type.  

@g2westwood the flash will not affect the QS setup.  On the ‘23 it’s already enabled on the ECU, just need to activate it per instructions.