The MT-07 Forum

Handlebar suggestions

Grug

I'm looking at getting some new bars for my MY16 mt07 with a bit more width and maybe less sweep, height of the stock bars is fine. Just after suggestions. Have heard a few people have gone with Renthal ultra lows but not sure if they match what I'm after.

Was in a similar position, ended up with the pro taper school boy pro. Pretty happy with the shape and size, still comfy to daily but a little more aggressive. I did consider renthal ultra low or street fighter though. Ultra low seemed too aggressive for me, and street fighter too wide.

13 hours ago, pepperona said:

Was in a similar position, ended up with the pro taper school boy pro. Pretty happy with the shape and size, still comfy to daily but a little more aggressive. I did consider renthal ultra low or street fighter though. Ultra low seemed too aggressive for me, and street fighter too wide.

How much more do you have to lean forward with those compared to stock? They sound alright but want to keep somewhat of an upright posture for longer rides.

On 10/24/2023 at 12:42 AM, Grug said:

How much more do you have to lean forward with those compared to stock? They sound alright but want to keep somewhat of an upright posture for longer rides.

Out of town right now, have these pictures when I installed. Sweep difference is the most noticeable change. Bars did get tapped to accept threaded bar ends

beforeHandlebar.jpg

afterHandlebar.jpg