The MT-07 Forum

60 Minutes news program October 22 2023

Timothy G.Keane

Timothy G.Keane

I watch this U.S. show every Sunday night and was surprised in a big way when they devoted about a twenty minute segment to the Isle of Man. They covered the history, social scene and politics. Major shocker- the TT race this year. Interviews with riders and great video of bikes ripping around the track at different points and a couple of crashes. One sidecar crash showed the monkey being scraped off the sidecar by a wall at around 150 mph and a bike loosing it and shooting across the track demolishing about twenty feet of cinder block earth retaining wall. The rider was busted up pretty well but recovered to ride again in future races. If I remember correctly, he was a Manxman and was the first resident to win three classes. There was a half hearted mention of the casualty rate at the race but rider interviews seemed to throttle that discussion. This show will be re-run in the months ahead and is worth keeping an eye out for. To me, this was a major departure from this shows normal fare.

• Like 1

Interesting post Timothy, thanks, and welcome!  What is your location?

Edited by Triple Jim

I will watch for it. The Isle of Man is the only motorcycle race like this I am aware of. You can ride the circuit as well!

• 3 months later...
Timothy G.Keane

I regret that I don't visit this site too often now since the CB300R is now first choice when going for a ride. I still take the FZ out every once in awhile but the weight is really hampering my enjoyment of the ride. Back in 2015 when I bought the bike,400lbs. was nothing to me. No stopping Father Time and Mother Nature I'm afraid. Was AKA FirstYammerha. Best to all.

Edited by Timothy G.Keane