The MT-07 Forum

First Yamaha and new to the forum as of 22 Oct 2023

Pongo

I have had a lot of bikes from different manufacturers over the years. I have done a few decent trips but I fall into the "canyon carver" type guy the most. I bought a well-maintained FZ 07 after gawking at them for years. I thought I was done with riding. Like many, getting equity for a mortgage took priority so the bike was sadly let go. This last year my darling Wife said "Maybe you would like to check out some bike dealers". Then she actually drove into a dealership parking lot on the way to a dinner out. Anyway, I already knew about the bike because tech articles about 270-degree cranks and stacked transmissions really entices me. 

The last bike I had was a Honda XR650R that had been Supermotoed and I was running cut slicks and a host of mods. The FZ is civilized and doesn't try to kill me every time I throw a leg over it. I think it is the start of a beautiful relationship and fellowship in the community. I'll say my thanks now for all the information that has been given. I only hope I might be able to help others as I have been helped.

My New Steed.jpg

• Like 4

My wife took me to the dealer too.   :)  Welcome to the board, Pongo.  I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

• Like 1

Awesome wife. Funny enough I was looking at XR650R's before the MT07. Looks like a riot, but the kick start only seemed brutal to me. Still want one, but getting a reasonably priced plated one is crazy in CA

• Like 1

Coming home after seeing the film 'Bucket List' my wife said that perhaps I should have my bike (after 50yr break). 

• Like 3

Just do it! 

That picture was 23 days ago... Now there is a light crust of snow. A little maintenance is good for bonding anyway, then it will be ready for a nicer day. 

IMG_2724.jpg

Welcome brother, fellow supermoto lover here. 

Very similar situation, sold my bikes and locked down a house. After having it for a year decided I was going to get back on the bike, and had long lusted after the MT07. 

• Like 1

Congratulations. After I bought my Bike my wife took me to the cleaners. I still have the Bike, She has the house, the furniture, the bank account, the kids, and my sincere appreciation.