The MT-07 Forum

New Guy, Denver 'Burbs

Vanderwho

Greetings from the Western Denver suburbs. Picked up my Team Yamaha blue '24 yesterday (after trying, and failing to find a blue '23 to buy). My 22nd bike, and my 5th Yamaha. (The others were three FJRs and a Super Ténéré, which was absurdly too tall for me.)

I decided to buy an MT-07 in November -- after renting one from EagleRider -- then bought a Triumph Trident 660 instead. All the moto-journalists ranked it ahead of the MT. Now my 660's for sale,  so I won't badmouth it.

I've already gotten value from this forum in helping me select a windscreen. (Thanks!)

Looking forward to riding my favorite canyons and passes on the MT when Spring comes. Staying at lower elevations until the higher roads are clear and dry.

Hope to see some of you out there!

Edited by Vanderwho
Fix typo.
  • Like 3

Hi Vanderwho, welcome!  My 2020 is TY Blue too.  Enjoy the new Yamaha, and good luck with your sale of the Triumph.

• Like 1

tomlichu
On 12/29/2023 at 9:41 PM, Vanderwho said:

I decided to buy an MT-07 in November -- after renting one from EagleRider -- then bought a Triumph Trident 660 instead. All the moto-journalists ranked it ahead of the MT. Now my 660's for sale,  so I won't badmouth it.

What did you like about the MT07 more than the 660? I was contemplating the 660 when it came out but decided to stick with my 07.

• Like 1

Vanderwho
Posted (edited)
On 1/2/2024 at 1:12 PM, tomlichu said:

What did you like about the MT07 more than the 660? I was contemplating the 660 when it came out but decided to stick with my 07.

I like the twin character of the MT, it's geared more sensibly, and while it's not as smooth as the Trident, the higher-amplitude, lower-frequency vibes in the bars don't put my throttle hand to sleep as quickly as the triple. The Yamaha also has a somewhat plusher ride (while not really being all that plush).

Guess I didn't have my notification settings set up right -- I was unaware of the replies to my post. Fixt!

Edited by Vanderwho
Added content.
  • Like 2