The MT-07 Forum

Tank Bag/ Other touch up accessories

AFlyingScorpion

AFlyingScorpion

Let's see,

I am looking for recommendations for a nice tank bag for my '23 MT-07

I don't want anything really big as I don't want to take away from the look.

Currently got:

• TST LED Integrated Tail Light
  • TST Elite-1 Fender Eliminator
  • TST MECH-GTR LED Front Turn Signals
  • TST Low-Profile License Plate Light
  • A small windshield i got from Amazon
  • Ram Phone mount
  • Fenrir Mirrors

What I have plans to get:

• Radiator Guard
  • Debating on a Passenger seat elim ( If I can find a nice one
  • Frame crash protectors
  • Half levers for clutch and Front Break
  • Tank Bag (Possibly If i can find a nice one)

Besides what I have mentioned so far I don't know if there is anything else I can do to the bike. But recommendations are always welcome.

It’s quite pricey when you combine the cost of the tank bag and mounting flange, but I absolutely love my Givi MT505 on my 2022 MT-07:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/givi-mt505-metro-t-tanklock-5l-tank-bag?sku_id=1158428

image.jpeg.735260aa63ffa8b140e39cac57f0ba60.jpeg

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/givi-tanklock-bike-specific-flange-yamaha-mt-07-2021-2022?sku_id=10185420

image.jpeg.5fea4da076fc4c842906ae692ff2fa1c.jpeg

Edited by Subito

• 2 weeks later...
sweetscience

@Subito Does the Givi tankbag interfere with highway tucking?  And how many takeout dinners can it hold?

I don’t have any problem with my fat gut hitting the bag when leaning forward. ;)

It’s important to note the bag is pretty small, the top opening is roughly 8” x 7” (though the space inside is slightly longer and wider), so your takeout container would need to be pretty small. I use the bag just for day rides, I carry a small (12 oz) plastic water bottle, sunglasses in their case, extra ear plugs, a foldable baseball cap, hand sanitizer, a couple of Clif bars, a Battery Tender USB charger adapter and cable, a couple of Black Diamond caribiners to attach my helmet and gloves to the seat’s pillion strap when I’m parked, the Givi rain cover for the bag, some Kriega straps to hold any extra stuff I might need to attach to the pillion (e.g. jacket’s rain liner), a small flashlight, the Givi shoulder strap for the bag, and other stuff I’m sure I’m forgetting.

The bag does expand vertically so it could hold more. I’m going to buy a small (5 liter) inexpensive Sea to Summit lightweight dry bag to keep in the tank bag (probably in place of the rain cover I never use) for times when I need to bring home any stuff I buy on the ride, the Kriega straps should be able to hold it in place.

https://seatosummit.com/products/lightweight-dry-bag

sweetscience

Thanks for the details, the design of the Givi is nice, but I'm gonna require more storage space now with my diet plan of whole foods, ya know.  Time for rear rack hunting...

The Kriega US-10 or US-20 drypacks should mount easily to the pillion seat without any rack needed, and seem to be very popular with MT-07 riders. The Kriega stuff is beautifully made, top quality stuff.

Edited by Subito

Here's what I'm using on my '19 MT.  It's a Hepco & Becker.  Maybe a little larger than the Rockbros unit posted by @Royales83.  Works great for my purpose and it's small enough that I can still see the instrument panel, if need be.

Mike

Tankbag01.jpg.417dc28daa264af18cc5f9938a98640a.jpg

Tankbag02.jpg.fa2ecdc370bcf4709d900a6053638f49.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
sweetscience

The Kriega US-10 or US-20 drypacks should mount easily to the pillion seat without any rack needed, and seem to be very popular with MT-07 riders. The Kriega stuff is beautifully made, top quality stuff.

Edited January 20 by Subito

This is my plan, instead of the drypacks, I'll bolt a Givi mounting plate onto the passenger seat so I could install the Givi clamshell case.  A 34 liter case should eliminate the use of a backpack to haul all my junk.  I'll probably do a write-up on the install.