The MT-07 Forum

Electrical power loss / engine shut off

MACIEJP

MACIEJP

Hi forum!

Recently, both times standing at traffic lights, my FZ-07 turned off and instrument panel went dark. I was not in gear, perhaps engaging rear brake at most. Turned key to OFF, then back to ON, and after a few rounds of key turns the electricals turned on the the engine fired. 

Two things to also keep in mind:

1) My ambient temperature sensor has been fluctuating between 60°F and 120°F at intervals that can be measured in seconds. (I live in San Francisco, never goes above 85°C here...)

2) Occasionally when starting from cold the bike makes a clicking sound and display goes dark (akin to above description), only to come back by itself. 

I'm willing to entertain ideas, I have none so far. Thank you all in advance, any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers!

Paulb5950

Battery may be taking a shet on you. Things get weird quickly with batteries on the last leg. Maybe check to see how the voltage is on it.

My FZ6 would read all over on the rpm and mph while cruising at continuous speeds. Then one day just wouldn't turn over. Fresh battery resolved all the issues.

Edited by Paulb5950
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1