The MT-07 Forum

Lsl adjustable rearsets

PXL_20240307_171940035.jpg.ebe857946bc791c566f96d9180a94d76.jpgHas anyone installed lsl 2 slide adjustable rearsets on their bike?  Ive mounted it and can't get the bike to click into gears properly. Somtimes I managed to click it up through a few gears and then it would stop clicking through. 

M. Hausknecht

The angles look ok. Are you trying to shift gears with the motor off and the bike just sitting, or is your shifting difficulty occurring while moving with the motor running? Have you determined that nothing is physically interfering with the shift rod and lever moving fully?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Evill_Ed

Also check and adjust the angle of the shift peg. When shifting gears, if the shift lever isn't full released (like still resting slightly on your foot) the shift barrel and ratchet will not disengage and you will not be able to shift to the next gear. Try releasing your foot completely from the lever between each shift to see if that has any affect.  

Also make sure the Heim Joints (bearings on each end of the shift rod) are in alignment, from the picture, the one on the foot shift lever looks straight, but the top one on the engine shift arm looks like it it turned outward. This may cause some binding. 

Ed

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"Do not let this bad example influence you, follow only what is good" 

It was due to shifting with the engine off, feel like a bit of a tit for not realising. Also thanks Ed I'll get those aligned! 

• Like 1

M. Hausknecht
17 hours ago, jreed said:

It was due to shifting with the engine off, feel like a bit of a tit for not realising. Also thanks Ed I'll get those aligned! 

Yeah, that doesn't work......😉

• Haha 1

Royales83

I had a similar problem with my Woodcraft rearsets. The pivot screw was too tight and it prevented the shifter from moving correctly. See my post here:

Hope it helps!