The MT-07 Forum

2023 MT 07 Question on Handlebars.

scat2me

On my 2017 I changed the Bars to Pro Taper adventure bars with risers. I was able to do this using the stock cables.  Does anyone have or has anyone done this to 2023? I know the bars on the 2023 are not the same, and the new display is mounted directly to the bars.  If anyone has any experience with this Id appreciate the feed back.

Thanks

Paulb5950

So I have a 22, and changed out the bars. Few things to note. The clamps on this new gen are for fat bars. So no risers needed for going to a larger diameter. 

As for the new dash that I am not sure of.

I was able to swap over to a different set of bars without much issues, just had adjust cables for routing and proper engagement.

scat2me

Thanks, are the 22 and 23 identical? I thought they were different because of the display and bars.

Paulb5950

I believe the on change from 22 to 23 is the display 

scat2me

Yes, that is why I'm wondering if using a riser ill require longer cables.

Paulb5950

Let me ask something for clarification. When you say cables are you referring to your clutch and brake cable or the wiring for the dash?

The brake and clutch should be okay unless you are going really high/ leaned back. You might need to change how some of it is routed, but it will ultimately depend on riser and bar height. 

If you are referring to the dash, I think you can buy some room again playing with the routing, but I will say the way it sits stock (at least on the 22) is very little wiggle room.

I'm in the middle of changing out my triple tree and riser setup and had to change how my harness was sitting under the tank to reach comfortable.

Also what risers are you trying to use? Because again at the clamp these are already setup for 1 1/8 sized bars, just hear that in mind.

Hope this helps.

scat2me

I was leaning towards these 1 1/2" Barback Risers for 1 1/8" Handlebar 1 1/2" Barback Risers for 1 1/8" Handlebar

• Like 1

jjmaine

Can anyone tell me the distance between the mounting bolts on the handlebar clamps?  Trying to see if the Woodcraft set up will work on my Yamaha, thanks!