The MT-07 Forum

Old guy buys MT07

skelly

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a Tracer 700 GT and after selling a couple of my older bikes I bought a 2022 MT07 today. I know how useful forums can be so I googled MT07 and came across this forum. Looking forward to learning from all of the knowledgeable people out there. Hopefully I will be able to add some value along the way.

Thanks

Ian (AKA Skelly)

• Like 4

Triple Jim

Hello from another old guy who bought an MT-07.  I got mine back in 2020, and I love it.  I just put new tires on it yesterday.

Edited by Triple Jim
  • Like 2

Ibleedblue

Haha, I thought i was the only old fart buying these, good to know. Enjoy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

M. Hausknecht

Lotta old farts here, present company included. My 07 is a '19, and a full-on race bike with over 90 rwhp. "You're never too old to rock and roll."

• Like 3

Yup for old farts! I'm turning 66 in a few months and I choose a FZ07 late in 2022. Among my other bikes, it's this FZ that I rode the most in 2023.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

59 yr old FZ-07 owner here.

I'm guessing a larger majority  of the younger FZ/MT-07 riders are probably on facebook forums?

• Like 2

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

M. Hausknecht
9 hours ago, DewMan said:

59 yr old FZ-07 owner here.

I'm guessing a larger majority  of the younger FZ/MT-07 riders are probably on facebook forums?

I think that is an astute observation and consistent with my experience. The quality of info and advice provided is much lower than here; lots of opinions but little facts. I frequently recommend this forum to folks on FB who want more in-depth and better-informed advice about the 07.

• Like 2

19MTMike

Welcome Skelly and add me to the list of "old guy" MT07 owners!  Turned 66 earlier this year and have been riding street bikes now for 50 years(!).  Bought my '19 MT07 as a leftover in 2020.  The MT provides a perfect balance for the type of riding that I do.  And I swear that, deep down, there is some RD-series genes buried in the DNA of the MT07! 

Mike

• Like 1

69 years old here, got a new MT-07 in November 2022. Been riding over 40 years, little MT is amazing bang for the buck.

• Like 2

Another old guy riding an MT-07. Sold my old FZ1 - was getting a little heavy to handle.

• Like 1

wollerms

62 here. 

image.jpeg.ea45e453f85965debd0fc0c84ddf2fdc.jpeg

• Like 2

Yea me as well, 61 but when i'm on a bike and pushing on i feel nearer 21.

• Like 2

• Global Moderator
Pursuvant

Ya, ya that's me too an old fart at 64. Strange thing though, growing up they called me a "young fart"

• Haha 2

I bought 2017 my MT-07. I am now 69 and the MT has 65'000 miles 👌

• Like 2

LOL, chalk up another one. Bought a 2024, still waiting for delivery on it.  61 years old here.  Love motorcycles, been riding since I was 12. 

• Like 2

Wow it's so good to see that I am not the only one with a few years of experience under my belt. I bought mine (22 year) as I find it light and agile, fairly rapid from a standstill and not too bad on fuel, add to that there is lots of parts and knowledge out there and it kind of puts itself to the top of the 'bike to buy' list.

Thank you for the warm welcome guys. Safe riding.

Skelly

• Like 1

bugeyes

My bike is a 2014 MT07, my year model i 1958

• Like 1

billyjk

69 years old here and bought a new '23 MT-07 about a month ago. Absolutely love it. It's agile, torquey, light and super fun. All at the right price point! 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Littlebriar

Looks like I got you all beat at 74. My FZ-07 is a lot of fun and a good track bike. Although I don't ride it as much as I used to since I bought my Ducati Monster 1200s.

• Like 2

Steve, 2017 Yamaha FZ-07, 2016 BMW 1200RT, 2019 Ducati Monster 1200s - Harbor Beach, Michigan