The MT-07 Forum

2024 MT-07 headlight not bright enough

mt07logic

My partner just bought a 2024 MT-07 and after a days riding yesterday I noticed her dipped beam was shockingly bad in the daytime.  We had many bikes overtake us and all had bright headlights making them more visible during the day.  Her high beam looked great when she switched it on but too bright to use during the day.  To start with I thought she had some kind of weird running light on and didn't have her main light on at all.  It wasn't what I was expecting from a new bike.  I am struggling to even find out what type of bulb arrangement it has.  We don't do much night riding, just want her to be more visible during the day.

Triple Jim

I don't have a 2024, but I've noticed that some LED headlights are like that... they light up the road at night excellently, but there's little beam scatter, so someone coming the other way, especially in the daytime, doesn't see much in the way of bright light.  I have a Peterson LED headlight in another motorcycle and it's just like  you described.  I've experimented with putting frosted plastic over it in the daytime, and it helps, but of course it's a pain to keep putting it on and taking it off.

Welcome to the board, mt07logic!

• Like 1

k2e2vin

It's not just the scatter but the color too.  I've noticed it washes everything out.  I've been debating on throwing in an aftermarket light or retrofitting HIDs.  I wonder if their other bikes with LEDs light up the road any better?

Paulb5950

22 here - I just keep my high beams on during the day so people spot me easier. 

But following cause I'm interested on more info on this gens headlight info

mt07logic
7 hours ago, Paulb5950 said:

22 here - I just keep my high beams on during the day so people spot me easier. 

But following cause I'm interested on more info on this gens headlight info

Interesting. I asked her to put her high beam on and it looked insanely bright in my mirror.  Maybe she should just try riding with it on and see how many people flash her 😉  She will rarely ride in the dark, just such a shame to pay so much money for a new bike and the lights are just not up to it for daytime riding.

• Like 1

Paulb5950
4 hours ago, mt07logic said:

Interesting. I asked her to put her high beam on and it looked insanely bright in my mirror.  Maybe she should just try riding with it on and see how many people flash her 😉  She will rarely ride in the dark, just such a shame to pay so much money for a new bike and the lights are just not up to it for daytime riding.

Yeah, I personally haven't had anyone flash me for it.

It's an old habit from previous bikes, for the same reason. Never found low beams to be bright enough to be spotted so iv always basically ridden with my high beams on, on every bike I have had. Rather be safe seen and on the safe side. 

Honestly, if someone flashed at me, I'm not even concerned. At least they spotted me.