The MT-07 Forum

Tank or tail bags for FT07

Wondering which tank or tail bags you’ve had good experiences with for your MT07s?  I like to have some storage available for sun glasses, gloves and heated jacket liner on the bike.

Thanks in advance!

sweetscience

Kriega has good quality tank and tail bags.  Think about how much storage space you'll need, and then some.  

For me, I need at least 34L of storage.  Hence, I will soon install a Givi clam shell hard case directly onto the pillion seat.  This amount of room can fit a full face helmet, jacket, tools, disk-lock, first-aid kit, flat-tire kit, lunch, etc.  The con of this mod is the placement of the top box will require you to get creative in mounting and dismounting the bike.  Because your foot will more often than not bump the box.  And a pillion cannot ride with you.

I contemplated on adding a rear rack (Webike Japan) to mount the top box, but a steel rack is heavy and puts the weight behind the rear axle.

Here, Kairyu Rider does the top box mount mod:

• Like 1

FZ not MT

The Kriega US-30 Drybag and the Yamaha saddlebags worked great for me. The combo has a total of 72L of storage.

IMG_1301.JPG

IMG_1302.JPG

IMG_1303.JPG

• Like 1

eyeopenher

I only bought the mt-07 last week. But I just put my tank bag on and sized up the tail bag…  For a tank bag I am using WOLFMAN LUGGAGE enduro tank bag. I also have the enduro pocket tank bag which is pretty small… For the rear, I have the wolfman luggage tail bag and also the large duffle bag style one.  The tail bag one fits perfect. I have had these pieces since 2013 and they are still working flawlessly…  I should maybe invest in some new bags. 

IMG_8224.jpeg

• Like 1

Royales83

I mostly use a fanny pack over the shoulder but I got this tank bag and this tail bag for longer trips. Great quality, fits great and easy to install and remove. 

AP1GczPnS-nguUiwh1TbwawjA5zRQEVmh7ppdOlSbNfaXxRvKNYwHuZ7lbAaX0QNXAjYl59m0YTiBckyP0P0Lev2czp0nIxW21ZPKx1IxcEhpl2v3-n_0Ui48g3M373xE-zVo3UHmga_zIeQcMhJSda-IV0lKFEJYBw5_YhLaHkCJkqMlMSW1afCFdMFBIrH5zbbrjwZWGtjLykwLE7zlSoiP_9QmSsKTOVhz1dKjO5BoKDBxEzAEO5wytbySv7cGa_Hi--IDIkMKUT3-N_pfB8WPSa0xaHBgGN9Eq4usEZ_YlijtZWoJb01pldM5uaOnlguBu3GtHNQa6XRv7j946YTWHUc1Y0ADxa1EIvLVCRkrfT5eWapTh2PEFwq3h-qvBWtjEISlK9KYdvnsDAE2cn5NIvMT-huWAIzRW8fPFe39AsEB09XSqSD9I7VyfmPCK4X2WLyGiw0dupPRPZNzezt5HaZ973ekEUhLEtVXsAZqyE-N-kvOOsEjRCt-sW87MkmgeAggo0qR0WjfUiFBSrA9wxa5cR4badn24dgK3oUBUayw1LSAegIvpuef6534-Cg1EM9CXl4AoG0SbkHj-mNZT6j4KyHiuxp0VjIJDqLrVGO0tTzFlt0wL-nOmQVeI2rVRRfpVIfYLvFBCL5WnKhWtabPAe-9il9i_I7J7QA9bXYPUIqR9Iw_zaAqVeU2t9QQ9rte0rXlD8bejSLMXzONp4udrt_XuzXCnYKE-z7nHFYAoCADUgRcuY-BfN0jbVIaaEMHTE-dh9pBoUTh34fO9KX8GUdLg-kcNE9xqz1oypZeHql-Km3Bo3uqa8tI-SfCs1xNOb-bBiohJhe7D2qWeTp74aC4LZmCROv1W16mdoKRClsThLDbZaM10tZzCUwBJ-zuZX742wAPvbb5iMuDY2hfN1L=w1274-h959-s-no-gm?authuser=0

Edited by Royales83
  • Like 1

On 4/21/2024 at 2:40 PM, FZ not MT said:

The Kriega US-30 Drybag and the Yamaha saddlebags worked great for me. The combo has a total of 72L of storage.

IMG_1301.JPG

IMG_1302.JPG

IMG_1303.JPG

How does the attachment of the Yamaha saddlebags work?  Is there a hard frame underneath?

thx

Royales83
14 hours ago, GOMX said:

How does the attachment of the Yamaha saddlebags work?  Is there a hard frame underneath?

thx

With this mount. I just found some used Yamaha mount and soft saddlebags for barely nothing on marketplace, picking them up this weekend :D 

Those mounts look fairly non obtrusive and you bought them and the bags the right way on market place.  They’re fairly pricy from a dealership.  I do think they’re the best option for me though, I’ll keep my eye out for a deal on some.

Thx 

19MTMike

I use this Hepco & Becker Royster Daypack unit on my MT-07.  On the small side (5 liter capacity), but I think that it would fit your needs.  Uses a magnetic mount which has proven to be rock solid over the past four riding seasons.  Also it's small enough to allow you to see your instrument panel.  Unfortunately, it looks as though the U.S. distributor for H&B no longer offers this, but it is still available on ebay from international sellers.  Hope this helps.

Tank bag 01.jpg

Tank bag 02.jpg

Tank bag MT07_1.JPG

• Like 1

On 4/28/2024 at 8:46 AM, 19MTMike said:

I use this Hepco & Becker Royster Daypack unit on my MT-07.  On the small side (5 liter capacity), but I think that it would fit your needs.  Uses a magnetic mount which has proven to be rock solid over the past four riding seasons.  Also it's small enough to allow you to see your instrument panel.  Unfortunately, it looks as though the U.S. distributor for H&B no longer offers this, but it is still available on ebay from international sellers.  Hope this helps.

Tank bag 01.jpg

Tank bag 02.jpg

Tank bag MT07_1.JPG

Thanks Mike!  Thats a great option, I’ll check into it.  Im also looking at the Givi tank lock bags so ill see which one is available and priced right!

• Like 1