The MT-07 Forum

Anybody tried the Sato Racing Helmet Lock?

nozeitgeist1800

i havent tried that one, but i have 2 of these and ive really liked them. the seat is the locking mechanism so no need for an extra set of keys for the lock. ive even got a corbin saddle and it works great with it, no troubles with the custom seat. also doesnt expose any/much of the helmet strap so it is difficult for someone to cut the strap to get the helmet off.

https://broguemotorcycles.com/products/mt-07-fz-07-helmet-hooks-lock-brogue

Edited by nozeitgeist1800
added info

Sato looks like OEM locks, probably pretty solid.  

Edited by klx678

Royales83
4 hours ago, klx678 said:

Sato looks like OEM locks, probably pretty solid.  

You can get the exact chinese thing for 20$ on Amazon... 

Brogue ones are awesome but 50$ for 2 hooks is excessive. In fact, there is an OEM lock provide with the tool kit under the backseat. You have to pass the metal wire in the screwdriver and lock the seat. 

Edited by Royales83
  • Like 1

Yeah, if I’d have to remove the pillion seat anyway it makes more sense to use the OEM cable setup than plunk for the Brogue hook. Yikes, their pricing is pretty bold! Given how seldom I need a helmet lock, just sticking with the OEM cable and skipping the Sato is the wise move. So you guys get a hard FAIL when it comes to helping me waste money! ;)

23 hours ago, Subito said:

Yeah, if I’d have to remove the pillion seat anyway it makes more sense to use the OEM cable setup than plunk for the Brogue hook. Yikes, their pricing is pretty bold! Given how seldom I need a helmet lock, just sticking with the OEM cable and skipping the Sato is the wise move. So you guys get a hard FAIL when it comes to helping me waste money! ;)

OEM cable sucks, the Sato is $75, and the Brogue is $25.

Personally I have an XSR, so all I had to do was drill and bend a metal strip to attach at a frame bolt under the seat, had the aluminum in the shop.  With no side covers it was easy to have the hook hidden up under the edge of the seat.  I don't know if that can be done on the FZ and MT though.   I made a test piece from some cardboard to find what I needed, then did the hack saw, filing, drilling, and bending on a metal strip.    It was pretty much the same kind of thing my 1975 Kawasaki S3 400 triple had on it.

6 hours ago, klx678 said:

Personally I have an XSR, so all I had to do was drill and bend a metal strip to attach at a frame bolt under the seat, had the aluminum in the shop.  With no side covers it was easy to have the hook hidden up under the edge of the seat.  I don't know if that can be done on the FZ and MT though.   I made a test piece from some cardboard to find what I needed, then did the hack saw, filing, drilling, and bending on a metal strip.    It was pretty much the same kind of thing my 1975 Kawasaki S3 400 triple had on it.

Pay yourself $25, you did the same thing as Brogue.

• Haha 1

It was a tough job, but someone had to do it...

I took payment in Killian's Red and cigars.  😜

Apologies for the sideways picture, but I'm too lazy to rotate it.

helmethook1.JPG.dc96abdc7d8d12029459c64808a27931.JPGhelmethook2.JPG.3ec40ce8e32c39e1ffcabef640980213.JPG

Edited by klx678
  • Like 2