The MT-07 Forum

gears not showing when kickstand is up, cut-off circuit relay

dgc9715

dgc9715

This topic has been discussed before here, so i took off the cut-off circuit relay (which i believe does other things like fuel pump relay...), mine is 5vk-81950-50 g8r-30y-v5 and i got one 5vk-81950-40 g8r-30y-v4 which i think is for mt-09 or r3, so my question is if it is compatible?, looking at the connector both seems identical. 
image.png.f2c7035117f755f4adce38a108fe299a.png

Royales83

I thought gear indicator issue was related to neutral switch sensor being dirty?

ElGonzales

Can you explain how the position of the sidestand can affect the function of a dirty neutral switch?

I am sorry, I have no documents of the MT-09 electronic wiring right now 😕

Edit: I have compared the internal wiring of the MT-09 and MT-07 cut-off circuit relay. It seems to be the same, but the wiring diagram doesn't show the values of the used components. They (Yamaha) don't make two different part numbers without a reason, this costs them money!

I see a chance the MT-09 part will work in the MT-07, but we can not say how long it will last. Yamaha has a reason for a separate part, they don't do this for fun,  thats why I personally would try to organize the correct part. You have trouble if this part fails
at an unfavorable time.

Edited by ElGonzales

• 4 weeks later...
santdyau

Hi first time poster right here. I generally restore my own stuff and search as a lot as viable however this has me stumped. My tools indicator works as intended with my kickstand down. When I raise the kickstand the tools indicator goes away and the sprint displays N and QS. I have a quickshifter installed which doesn't paintings due to the fact that this began. I can trip the motorcycle just first-class and all the modes function as they ought to but gas mileage is down a bit. When using the N and QS lights persist. Any hints? I don't suspect the equipment sensor due to the fact the kickstand is slicing out the indicator. I have checked every fuse on the motorcycle and done a power drain take a look at at the battery with not anything incorrect.

Tutuapp 9Apps

Edited by santdyau