The MT-07 Forum

Old is new again

blackie74

:)New Old guy here. Pulled the trigger yesterday on a fz07 (the fast red one) ,  I had rode one several times at demo rides in Daytona and Orlando and had to have one. I am 74 yrs young and have had bikes since 1962. Had a period from 1979 to 2004 not riding. Since 2004 I have had a bad problem with doing lots of bike trades. I have had a lot of cruisers and sport bikes the fastest have been a FZ1 and a Ninja 1000. Others have included FZ8 ,FZ6R,Ninja650,Ninja 300,and a number of large and small cruisers all Japanese. And for good measure a couple of Suzuki Scooters.
Out of all of my prior bikes I like this the best so far. My main reason is the light weight, lots of low and mid range power and all I could ever use up top. Also I like the great brakes and pretty darn good seat. The gages with the exception of the tach, I prefer a analog but that is just a nit pic. Love the upright riding position and leg room with the pegs right straight down. And being short 5'8" I can touch ok with the low seat height.
Looking forward to learning more from the members of the forum.

• Premium Member
:)New Old guy here. Pulled the trigger yesterday on a fz07 (the fast red one) ........ 

Welcome to the forum from one old hand to another.  
Like you, I've had a variety of great bikes over the years. Most have been heavier and a few faster than the FZ-07, but I don't remember any that I've enjoyed more than the FZ-07.

WELCOME BLACKIE

U got me by bout 25yrs, but like you...this bike is head and shoulder above the rest. While other bikes I have had do 1, maybe 2 things well, this bike does so much very well...love my FZ

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome blackie74! I think of my 07 as a time machine making me feel as young as I wanna be! And yeah, the red is the fastest Vote here!

Illegitimi non carborundum

It's amazing to see the range of owners of this bike. The FZ-07 has a very large audience. My dad will have 70 next spring. And he still rides a bike. Wish that we all could ride as long as we want.

I love the FZ-07 because of the mix of lightweght, decent power and great torque. All that with a low price and good quality.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

• Global Moderator

Welcome @blackie74, great to have you here. Thanks for joining. Please share your experience. Youngsters here need guidance. :)

Welcome 66 years here your right on the 07
light enough and fast enough to get me down
to the post office to collect the pension,
like a 250 on steroids.

• 3 weeks later...
SouthernSpeed
Welcome @blackie74, great to have you here. Thanks for joining. Please share your experience. Youngsters here need guidance. :)
 Well said, myself included.

The torque on this thing is pretty addictive....

Archived