The MT-07 Forum

Exhaust problems

renegade

I live in Southern California and I'm having a hard time finding an exhaust no dealers have them (R77 Yoshimura). Whats the easiest way to for me to pick one up today?

Guest August BB

Is there any reason you wouldn't want to order one to be shipped? Willing to bet 90% or more of the members here with after-market exhausts just ordered theirs online or whatnot.

• Premium Member

Yoshimura is located in SoCal… depending on where you live, maybe you could drive for a pickup?

Check their website and call a rep to see if that is an option.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

I live in Southern California and I'm having a hard time finding an exhaust no dealers have them (R77 Yoshimura). Whats the easiest way to for me to pick one up today?

Dobeck performance can probably get you one. They are a supporting vendor here and sell damn near all exhausts. See their board on here.

• Global Moderator

If I was getting an exhaust I would definitely get it through Dobeck with the EJK. It is on my list, but I am going stock for at least the first year.

Found a dealer that was willing to sell me one. Had to sign a waiver to get it though. Then drove down to the Yoshimura ware house and picked it up.

• 1 year later...

Just bought an Akra exhaust (revzilla). I'm in SoCal as well, wondering how serious they take the rules on aftermarket exhaust/ecru tuners. Anyone know? Am I gonna get pulled over as soon as I get on the road?

Found a dealer that was willing to sell me one. Had to sign a waiver to get it though. Then drove down to the Yoshimura ware house and picked it up.
OMG, I hope you didn't sign your rights away.

Beemer

OMG, I hope you didn't sign your rights away.

Waivers is the norm for California, takes the liability off the dealer since the exhausts are not street legal. Most dealers will require it before sending it to California, some like motorcycle-superstore will not even ship with the waiver.

Just bought an Akra exhaust (revzilla). I'm in SoCal as well, wondering how serious they take the rules on aftermarket exhaust/ecru tuners. Anyone know? Am I gonna get pulled over as soon as I get on the road?

Technically you could get your bike towed and get a ticket. All bikes after 2013 are required to have cats, most cops don't seem to care and probably can't tell what year bike you have just by looking at it. The main thing here is don't be a douche, don't bring attention to yourself, and don't piss off a cop.

• Global Moderator

In Washington state it is illegal to have an aftermarket exhaust that is louder than stock. I have not heard of anyone getting a ticket for it though.

Cool. Yeah it's gonna be hard not to fool around with it sounding good, might eventually get pulled over for speeding or something, hopefully won't get pinned for the illegal exhaust too.

In Washington state it is illegal to have an aftermarket exhaust that is louder than stock. I have not heard of anyone getting a ticket for it though.
It's the same here in Fl. You can have one, it just has to match the manufactures specifications, which most don't.  
Actually, cndnmax, I was thinking more about a waiver that says you acknowledge you have voided your warranty by using an aftermarket pipe. I don't know if they can do that or not but in today's world it wouldn't surprise if someone tried, whether legal or not. Ever here of a waiver like that? I see what you're saying, though and thanks, I didn't know that.

Beemer

Archived