The MT-07 Forum

Hello

jmosquera

Hi jmosquera 
Welcome, great to have you here. If you feel like it, you can introduce yourself in the new members section.
I for one like to know more. I am sure other do to. Great community here.
Thank you. My name is Joaquin Mosquera. I have a long history of riding motorcycles, since I was 15, back in my native Colombia. I live in Davie, Florida and I am an independent Life Insurance Agent. My last bike was an SV650 that I sold 3 years ago. Finally I was able to replace it with my red FZ-07. I located it last week in Westfield Power sports, that gave me a very good deal: $5990 plus tax and $430 junk fees. So I decided to fly to Indianapolis on the 10th, picked up my bike  and rode it home. 1,225 miles. I arrived on sunday the 13th, noon. Great bike, an updated SV 650 I would say.
By the way, I had to stop at Yamaha of Byron in Georgia, for the 600 mile service. Wonderful trip.
I enjoy listening to all your stories. Bye.

• Global Moderator

Nice story ! Impressive trip. Did you do any prepping to get the bike ready for such a long trip? What gear did you use? How did you like the seat? We will have lots of questions I'm sure.

You got a -$500 lower quote from Westfield then I did. How was your overall experience with them. Recommended?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You got a -$500 lower quote from Westfield then I did. How was your overall experience with them. Recommended? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. Everything they promised was honored. Very pleased. 

Nice story ! Impressive trip. Did you do any prepping to get the bike ready for such a long trip? What gear did you use? How did you like the seat? We will have lots of questions I'm sure.
I just received it and left for my trip. I bought new gear in Florida before the trip, from Cycle Gear. They have their own make, BILT. Helmet was a Raptor, $89. jacket, a mesh also Bilt, $99. Boots, $66. I used one of my mountain bike gloves. I think the seat could be softer, but position is so good that maybe that's the reason I could do the trip without any problem.
I used to have mi right hand numbed in my SV650 in long trips. It didn't happen at all with my FZ. You feel the engine but vibration is not an issue. And that torque is spectacular.

I'm very impressed that you did a long trip with a new bike. Mainly, because you were able to did it with the stock seat. How long did you ride between stops? I guess, i'm getting too old to do long trips. :-/  Well, i'll see in a couple of days. ;)

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

I'm very impressed that you did a long trip with a new bike. Mainly, because you were able to did it with the stock seat. How long did you ride between stops? I guess, i'm getting too old to do long trips. :-/  Well, i'll see in a couple of days. ;)
I started in Indianapolis on Thursday the 3rd of july at 3 p.m. and went to sleep in Louisville, Kentucky. Next day I drove Tennessee and went to sleep in Macon, Georgia. Next, on Saturday I went to YAMAHA OF BYRON for the 600 miles service and drove up to entering Florida, where I found a big storm and went to sleep. On Sunday the 6th, I drove to my home in Davie Florida. I arrived at 1 p.m. By the way I'm 68 and I did enjoy that trip feeling such a great machine.

How does it handle the traffic on 595 I lived in plantation for 12 years and plan on riding down in the fall to see my family

Archived