The MT-07 Forum

International Motorcycle Show in Cleveland Ohio

Allan

So, today I went to the Progressive International Motorcycle show in Cleveland Ohio, and oh my God was it great. I mean sure, I had to get up at 5:40 AM and it was a 3 and a half hour drive to get there from Buffalo, but boy was it worth it. There were so many bikes, vendors, people and of course, bike show girls (none of which though of course, compare to my amazing beautiful, wonderful, perfect girlfriend!) it was hard to take it all in at once. I had so much fun sitting on all the different bikes and learning from the people at the stands. I also saw the No Limits stunt show and that was really cool. Here are some pics of some of the bikes I went on. Most of you should know what these are, but for those who don't, I will label them (by the way, I look awful in these pics so forgive me..):
UkOfLEDl.jpg
Ducati Panigale 899
M9gMIKfl.jpg
Honda CBR1000RR
UlpeK3Il.jpg
Kawasaki H2R Stripped of body work
mRwQNy8l.jpg
Kawasaki H2R
cZ44Anwl.jpg
Kawasaki H2R Front
OVI6Vjjl.jpg
KTM Superduke 1290R
k7AHlxAl.jpg
Yamaha R1
pDuuhUxl.jpg
Yamaha R1
5mC9K4gl.jpg
Yamaha R1
KOHbTkIl.jpg
Yamaha R1M
xWSY2eGl.jpg
Yamaha R3
J2hRbo6l.jpg
Yamaha R6
jNUlXpHl.jpg
Yamaha YZF-M1
m1VkwgYl.jpg
Yamaha VMAX

So, my overall consensus, if you haven't gone and you have the chance, GO! It was so awesome and I loved the bikes and seeing my baby there (although they didn't have the best color. They said if they brought the liquid graphite that none of the other bikes at the show would have gotten any attention because everybody would have been swarming around the liquid graphite FZ-07). Truly awesome.

Guest August BB
 (none of which though of course, compare to my amazing beautiful, wonderful, perfect girlfriend!) 

Oh man, she reads through your posts?  :P

How did that r3 feel?  One of my wife's considerations for her first bike.

• Global Moderator

I went to the show in Vancouver last month. It was also a blast. The only down side was the weather awful so I could not ride there. The stunt guys were still riding but in pouring rain were having a tough time.

(none of which though of course, compare to my amazing beautiful, wonderful, perfect girlfriend!) 

Oh man, she reads through your posts?  :P 
How did that r3 feel?  One of my wife's considerations for her first bike.

No, but just in case. Lol The R3 feels good. It is in no way a Supersport riding position, eventhough it is classified on Yamaha's website as a Supersport. It is ver upright and very comfortable. It feels like a beginner bike though, and by that I mean it is very "cheep" feeling. It is a budget bike and it is expected to feel that way but don't expect it to feel like R6 or R1 quality even though it shares the same badge as them. Overall though, just purly based on sitting on it, I think I would have been happy as that being my first bike. I would have to ride it to be sure though. I'm sure it rides great though.

I went to the show in Vancouver last month. It was also a blast. The only down side was the weather awful so I could not ride there. The stunt guys were still riding but in pouring rain were having a tough time.
Yeah, there was snow the whole way there, so no riding for me. Although that would have been really nice. Our whole even was indoors so the stunt guys had no problems. I loved the smell of the exhaust, it was making me miss my bike even more though..

Archived