The MT-07 Forum

Any interest in an integrated taillight?

hypnotik

I contacted http://www.customled.com/ to see if they have any plans for a FZ-07 integrated taillight.  They currently make the "Blaster-X" integrated taillight for many bikes.  I came across them while on a FZ-09 forum and the reviews are overwhelmingly positive about they're product.

INTEGRATED LED TAIL LIGHTS FOR MOTORCYCLES
Our exclusive Blaster-X ultra-high intensity, high-performance, Microprocessor controlled Integrated LED Tail Lights for motorcycles are by-far the brightest and most effective integrated LED tail lights available. Your satisfaction is guaranteed - or your money back! Read more about the outstanding programmable features of our exclusive Blaster-X Tail Lights.

Custom LED is a pioneer in the art and science of LED tail light integration. Do not waste your money on cheap imitations and half hearted solutions. Do it right from the start with Custom LED. Our products are designed, manufactured and assembled by hand at our facility, right here in the USA. You will notice a significant difference in quality, performance and features with Custom LED.

Basically before they can consider making a light for the FZ-07 they need to gauge the market to see how much interest there would be because of the high price of injection molds.

Here is their line of Blaster-X taillights. http://www.customled.com/collections/integrated-led-tail-lights-for-motorcycles

The MotoDynamic light is still not available so this is another high quality option.

So, who would be interested?

I think its a nice option. I particularly like the brake pulse that they've got programmed into the light. However, its 50 dollars more than the motodynamics tail light so....i dunno.

• Global Moderator

Personally I am not interested. Perhaps there would be better response if you started a poll.

I am more interested in LED headlights. i want one for my FZ-09 and i'm sure that an LED Headlight for the FZ-07 would sell like crazy.

The FZ-09 stock headlight is a joke, especially in the country over 35 MPH is basically blind riding.

• Global Moderator

I would buy an LED headlight in a minute. I do not want to have to cut the rubber boot to make something work.

• Global Moderator

I am personally not a fan of those integrated tail lights. I find it hard to see the actual direction because the lights are too close together to distinguish left from right.

Like @admin, I wouldn't mind a led headlight. I was looking into those but the problem seems to be that there is not enough room for it behind the headlight unit on a FZ-07.
The led bulb come with a fan on the back. I'd be game if someone finds one. I now have HID but it's a cheap set and I doubt it will last long. A led headlight would be a nice and clean install.

Archived